Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Upate Problem Persists

Options

Hi,as this update problem that has re occurred and with no resolution in sight, i have to now,disable the autoupdate module,when uploading or downloading,as it is incapable of completing the update task, today i was downloading from rapidshare using the rapidshare manager, i had forgotten to disable the update module before i started,as a result bd ran it's update, probably around 30mins after it had updated(this is what it does)anyhow it stopped part of the way through it's time consuming sequence(red x's in activity box greyed out ball in task bar) and was not completing,or running!!!!,so i stopped the download,and waited and waited,but nothing, so opened task manager, and selected the bd processes and clicked on KILL to my surprise they all stopped(usually when bd is functioning properly they apart from bd agent are protected by bd), after i double clicked on the desktop icon, to restart it but again nothing, so i have to re-boot,why,why,why,That's how reliable this junk is, you can't even use your pc to do everyday common tasks without having to pussyfoot around this junk incase it spit's it's dummy or the rattle outta the pram!!!

Comments

• automatic update seems to be not reliable for many users.

me, i've always use manual update.

this way i know what i'm updating - virii signatures or product updates (you can choose that).

while signatures are safe to be updated, i can't say the same about product updates,

which, as far as i remember, often screwed something in BDIS 2009.

thus i can't trust those updates now in BDIS 2010, and always make backups before updating.

• automatic update seems to be not reliable for many users.

me, i've always use manual update.

this way i know what i'm updating - virii signatures or product updates (you can choose that).

while signatures are safe to be updated, i can't say the same about product updates,

which, as far as i remember, often screwed something in BDIS 2009.

thus i can't trust those updates now in BDIS 2010, and always make backups before updating.

Well too late for that,as it is at the latest version, if i knew the file's that caused me this crap, i would start again,without em, but i don't, as it did not work correctly at first either, a similar prob as the one now, but i would get the re-boot box at the end,(every time ) even when no files were downloaded, it also stops rapidshare manager downloading stuff, it'sd time it was no longer on my machine, that to me seems the only reliable solution,and go back to 2008 version, at least that did not have some of these new problems(that bd won't fix) and i'll be seeking some recompense for my troubles and not being able to use my pc properly since it was installed, if they wanna argue, we will talk about data loss too,

on another point, bd, starts the windows update service and this is now running most of the time too,(using your memory)why does need to be running,Microsoft don't release updates every day,and if you have xp, it's usually once per month,(patch tuesday)and some of us, have it inform us when a update is available but not d/load it,so we can choose what goes on our pc's the only way to stop this is using process explorer to suspend the win update process,as it you kill it, it will just restart again