Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Game Mode Will Not Activate

Options

When I start a game that I have added to my game list it does not automaticly switch to game mode. I add the path in Game/Laptop mode>Manage games but it is not detecting them. I thought at first that the little "G" was just not showing up over the Bit Defender icon but when you go into the settings it says game mode is turned off. You can turn it on buy clicking the button but that's kinda annoying to do that every time you want to start a game.

Comments

• When I start a game that I have added to my game list it does not automaticly switch to game mode. I add the path in Game/Laptop mode>Manage games but it is not detecting them. I thought at first that the little "G" was just not showing up over the Bit Defender icon but when you go into the settings it says game mode is turned off. You can turn it on buy clicking the button but that's kinda annoying to do that every time you want to start a game.

Is the game in the list of games ? if not you will have to manually add it's main exe to the module,

i have the opposite problem in that windows screensaver will trigger it,and other things that use full screen, such as video/media players even some apps cause it to go to game mode, unless you disable the automatic detection,which defeats the object of it being included don't you thing, as i have said bd should of improved things,but overall stuck with what worked well instead of competing with the other vendors,hopefully lessons will be learned from this

• pstlouis10
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Is the game in the list of games ? if not you will have to manually add it's main exe to the module,

i have the opposite problem in that windows screensaver will trigger it,and other things that use full screen, such as video/media players even some apps cause it to go to game mode, unless you disable the automatic detection,which defeats the object of it being included don't you thing, as i have said bd should of improved things,but overall stuck with what worked well instead of competing with the other vendors,hopefully lessons will be learned from this

I have the same problem I add a game in the list and when i start the game no game mode activation. when I right click on the icon in task bar to activate game mode it doesn't get activated. The 2009 version was working ok ! :wub:

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Scout and pstlouis,

Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the the Game/Laptop Mode module and make sure that the following 2 option are checked: "Use the default list of games provided by BitDefender" and "Enter game mode when an application is in full screen" . Also, please let us know if with other games you have the same issue and the name of the games that you try to add in the Game list.

Thank you.

• Hello Scout and pstlouis,

Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the the Game/Laptop Mode module and make sure that the following 2 option are checked: "Use the default list of games provided by BitDefender" and "Enter game mode when an application is in full screen" . Also, please let us know if with other games you have the same issue and the name of the games that you try to add in the Game list.

Thank you.

Further to my last,sometimes the game mode will activate as the game loads,after a few min of playing the game game mode will stop by it's self, the last time being a big pop up saying bd has crashed (submitting form) that don't send your messages,just as quarantine don't send either,

but if i manually select game mode before launching a game it will stay in game mode until i select turn off game mode

• Jogibaer
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Further to my last,sometimes the game mode will activate as the game loads,after a few min of playing the game game mode will stop by it's self, the last time being a big pop up saying bd has crashed (submitting form) that don't send your messages,just as quarantine don't send either,

but if i manually select game mode before launching a game it will stay in game mode until i select turn off game mode

I have exactly the same problem.

I post this here because we got no support in the german forum. So it looks like BD has no explanation for this?

System:

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Shuttle SD39P2

Intel Q6700 CPU

GeForce GTS 250

4GB DDR2 Speicher

1TB Samsung Festplatte