Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antispam Disabled Message

Options

I am running BD 2009, and Win XP, on a desktop and also on a laptop.

This morning when we logged on on the desktop, we got a message saying BD Antispam disabled (I don't know the exact wording as my wife was the one who saw the message). When I looked at the BD Online Security, it said that Antispam was not being monitored, so I switched it on. When I looked at the services, BD Threat Scanner was not running, so I started that - should I have to? Also Terminal Services was set to Manual start - I changed that to Automatic (as per an earlier post in the forum).

I am wondering if all this has to do with the fact that our Linksys died just before that, and had to be reset (just a long shot!). Could some guru tell me what is happening, and what I should have to do, and not do...? TIA

By the way, the laptop is off much of the time - do I really need the network stuff - and could this be causing my problems?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Paul Morrison,

In order to solve this issue we recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 . You will find all the steps that will help you do this here.

Thank you.

• Hello Paul Morrison,

In order to solve this issue we recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 . You will find all the steps that will help you do this here.

Thank you.

Thanks, Alex! Will do!

Do you have an answer to my last sentence - namely: ... the laptop is off much of the time - do I really need the network stuff?

• Hello Paul Morrison,

Thank you.

Alex, I installed BD IS 2010, but I kept messages like "Do you have sufficient system privileges to install xxx?" I think BDVEDISK was one, Trufos or Prufos... BD says it's up, but it won't start up the Firewall... Help!

• Alex, I installed BD IS 2010, but I kept messages like "Do you have sufficient system privileges to install xxx?" I think BDVEDISK was one, Trufos or Prufos... BD says it's up, but it won't start up the Firewall... Help!

I used the Uninstall tool - and this problem went away! Thanks!