Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can We Exclude A Directory From Antivirus Scan

Options

Hi! I was able to exclude a directory from the Antivirus scan in BD 2009, but I can't figure out how to do it under BD 2010 - it only seems to support executables. Could someone let me know how to do this? TIA

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Paul Morrison,

Yes, you can add exclusions from Realtime/OnDemand scans for folders in BD 2010 the exact same way as you did in BD2009.

Just open BitDefender Security Center in Expert Mode and got o Antivirus -> Exclusions. There click on the + button and follow the wizard's steps to add an exclusion.

Cris.

• Hello Paul Morrison,

Yes, you can add exclusions from Realtime/OnDemand scans for folders in BD 2010 the exact same way as you did in BD2009.

Just open BitDefender Security Center in Expert Mode and got o Antivirus -> Exclusions. There click on the + button and follow the wizard's steps to add an exclusion.

Cris.

Thanks, Cris! I went into Shield/Advanced Settings which only accepts executables. I guess that's for something else - I am not quite sure what! I'll try not to go there in future! Thanks again!