Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 Vs Google Chrome

Options

Hello everyone

I have Windows 7 64bit with Bitdefender 2010 and google chrome browser version 3.0.

When I installed Bitdefender, I had no problem with browsing and multi pages in one chrome browser, However during the last 2 weeks I notice that when I'm on a page on google chrome I try to open a new page by clicking on the + sign but that will take forever to open the new page.

I've disabled bitdefender's firewall and that seems to solve the issue.. when I tried to get in more into the problem ... I noted that on firewall " Advanced settings" disabling Intrusion detection feature will solve the problem ... !

How can I enable it without having issues with google chrome ?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello moh10ly,

In order to overcome this sittuation try to add Google Chrome as an exclusion from Active Virus Control. We are asking you to do this because Active Virus Control have common modules with the Intrusion Detection System . In order to do this we recommend you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button .

2. The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed. Click on the add button, represented by the plus (+) sign and browse to the location were Google Chrome is installed.

3. Here, select the executable file of this program (chrome.exe) and choose Open.

Test to see if the same issue occurs after that.

Thank you.

• Perfect, That did the trick...

Thanks Alex..

Hello moh10ly,

In order to overcome this sittuation try to add Google Chrome as an exclusion from Active Virus Control. We are asking you to do this because Active Virus Control have common modules with the Intrusion Detection System . In order to do this we recommend you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button .

2. The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed. Click on the add button, represented by the plus (+) sign and browse to the location were Google Chrome is installed.

3. Here, select the executable file of this program (chrome.exe) and choose Open.

Test to see if the same issue occurs after that.

Thank you.

• Hi I have the same problem with Bitdefender Internet Security 2010, with both my computers having Windows Vista and Seven. Using both internet explorer and mozilla firefox, same problem. I have done the exact same thing above with internet explorer and mozilla firefox executable files but does not work.

Any other idea ?

Cheers.

• Hello munchu87,

Regarding your issues, please follow the steps below:

Open BitDefender - > from the top right corner go to Settings and choose Expert Mode - > go to the Firewall module.

From that location go to the Settings tab - > Advanced Settings - > Check 'Enable Internet Connection Sharing' and uncheck 'Block Port Scans'.

Then go on the Network tab - > at Trust Level choose 'Trusted Local' and at Stealth choose 'Off'.

Close BitDefender and check if the issue is solved.

Thank you.