Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Outlook 2007 Antispam Toolbar

Options

I had a problem ticket I submitted regarding how to get the integration (Antispam) back on my Outlook 2007. I had to start Outlook 2007 in safe mode and I lost the BitDefender AntiSpam toolbar. I've searched the forums and found solutions for the 2009 product but I'm running Internet Security 2010 on Vista 64.

What DLL Can I re-register or what do I need to do to get AntiSpam support back in Outlook 2007?

Thanks.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Will Wood,

Please try the steps bellow and let us know what happened :

1. Click on Start from Windows and choose Run.

2. Type cmd then click on Ok. The Command Prompt window should be displayed .

3. Now please type the the following commands one after another :

regsvr32 -u "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdo.dll"

regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdo.dll"

If the above steps had no effect in restoring the BitDefender Antispam toolbar, open Outlook 2007, click on Tools->Trust Center->Add-Ins->Go and in the window that will appear you should see the BitDefender Antispam component:

1. if the BitDefender Antispam plugin does not exist in this window then the component is not registered. You need to either run the commands presented above or to use the Add button; then browse to the BitDefender installation location and select bdo.dll and click OK. After that please make sure that the component is checked, then click OK and restart MS Outlook.

2. if the BitDefender Antispam exist and the option is checked but the toolbar does not appear (or you restart MS Outlook and the checkbox is un-checked automatically again) then this situation happened due to a MS Outlook crash. In order to fix this please open MS Outlook and go to Help | About Microsoft Office | Disabled Items (Help | Disabled Items for MS Outlook 2007) then select BitDefender Antispam toolbar and click Enable. After this operation you will be able to check the BitDefender Antispam toolbar.

Thank you.

• Thank you i am not sure how old the post is but it fixed my problem.

thanks once again!

keep up the good work bit defender

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello dave_mason,

We are glad to hear that this issue have been solved after following our instructions.

Thank you for your feedback.

• Actually the bdo.dll is in antispam32 under BitDefender 2010.

What's disquieting is that Outlook has not started properly twice before and I've followed the same procedure. I can't pinpoint when it happens but when it does the plugin doesn't work.