Just Checking In After 4 Months Away.

Hi folks:

After almost two years of BDIS I decided to try a different solution to Internet Security. That was about 4 months ago when I uninstalled BD for the last time, I was getting fairly good at doing that.

At that time I installed a different brand of Internet Security. It installed in less than 5 minutes and has never given me a single problem. I never need to look at their user's forum. This week I upgraded to their 2010 version in another 5 minutes, no problems, no re-booting. The upgrade cost? It was free, my paid year of subscription is good on any of their releases.

If you are one of the BD users that is having some (or many) problems, there are greener pastures. Before I changed I was on this BD forum daily looking for the slim chance that I'd find some successful "work-around" to a problem. Now I have time to use my computer. What did I buy? I guess that I can't name it here but it starts with "N".

A little competitive challenge helps all software suppliers.

Fungus

Comments

• Hi fungus,

Yes we're struggling here the hard way, especially now after a major product update which messes the system up like...

I think I know what product you mean...

5 mins setup and no rebooting, and the name starts with N... hmm...

And I assume it has a nice looking GUI, right? Black with yellow...?

I've been there for a trial, before I decided to give BD another chance.

And as I mentioned in another post here, I'm starting to regret my decision.

Although I can still switch to that "N" in no time if BD team doesn't show up with reliable fix.

;)

• Hi fungus -

I can't blame you for gloating over your new-found solution to the Bitdefender Malicious Software Insertion Tool.

I just installed BIS 2010 a couple of months ago, and just wished I'd checked out this forum beforehand. It's a good place to start when considering software, and believe me - I'm going to do my homework next time. You obviously can't rely on product reviews - even from supposedly reputable sources (PC Mag, Consumer Reports, etc.)

I started with BIS 2009, and when they offered to let me upgrade for free to the 2010 version because they couldn't solve my 2009 problems I thought they were being generous.

Boy, was I wrong! It was as far from doing me a favor as can be imagined. If I was a conspiracy nut, I would think that this is all just a ruse to compromise as many computers as possible for nefarious reasons. But that would be just crazy talk...

Thanks for the testimonial - I'll have to keep it in mind after my subscription (or patience) runs out.

• dave r
    edited November 2009

Hi fungus -

I can't blame you for gloating over your new-found solution to the Bitdefender Malicious Software Insertion Tool.

I just installed BIS 2010 a couple of months ago, and just wished I'd checked out this forum beforehand. It's a good place to start when considering software, and believe me - I'm going to do my homework next time. You obviously can't rely on product reviews - even from supposedly reputable sources (PC Mag, Consumer Reports, etc.)

I started with BIS 2009, and when they offered to let me upgrade for free to the 2010 version because they couldn't solve my 2009 problems I thought they were being generous.

Boy, was I wrong! It was as far from doing me a favor as can be imagined. If I was a conspiracy nut, I would think that this is all just a ruse to compromise as many computers as possible for nefarious reasons. But that would be just crazy talk...

Thanks for the testimonial - I'll have to keep it in mind after my subscription (or patience) runs out.

Yep we certainly are this seems to be the most re occurring problem at the moment i'll give it a name the 3 strikes and updates are out problem!

post-14196-1257545460_thumb.jpgpost-14196-1257545471_thumb.jpg

that's the patern i can see forming here, since the major update that is supposed to of fixed the update? broke it more like,or this also is a problem with the data on the bit defender server?

• Quote: "I started with BIS 2009, and when they offered to let me upgrade for free to the 2010 version because they couldn't solve my 2009 problems I thought they were being generous."

Well, this is exactly what I was told however it was about BDIS 2008 with the promise of a good product in 2009.

Its too bad that the BD updates and user interfaces are so lame, the actual scanning for virus seems to actually be fairly good.

This is so like automobiles, a Honda or a Chrysler will get you to work and back home however guess which one is in the shop on a regular basis.

Peace

Fungus

• Well I started with Bitdefender 08 and had no problems with it after I jumped to Bitdefender 09 which was very buggy the BD team took months to solve that scan activity bar issue and also BD not responding for no reason. So I dumped Bitdefender and switched to other product and even naming it will just cause flame war actually I was even warned for it and my posts were kept under moderation. After that came Bitdefender 2010 well I thought to give it a try and I don't know my luck I haven't still faced any problems regarding updates and vsserv.exe not responding issue just keeping my fingers crossed!!!. ;)

• I'm happy for all of you who found a better way that works for you. Since you didn't even search for their forum, you have no idea that there isn't such a thing as "perfect software".

This being said, good luck to you all. :)

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

This discussion has been closed.