Potentially "dumb" Question...

Hello,

I have been using bitdefender for some time but have now upgraded to Win7. Laptop went fine, 32bit but I decided to upgrade the desktop to 64bit... is there a separate installation for x64 vs the 32bit version? I cant seem to find any difference on the site or reference to the question so here it is to the forum...

Best Regards

Comments

• Thanks for that... would explain I think why my system Bitdefender seems to be somewhat unstable. Having said that though why is that download not available from the main site somewhere where we would expect it.

Does the site recognize the OS when the download button is pushed??

Your link takes me to an index sort of web page... so without sounding like a complete noob am I just downloading the .exe for internet security 2010???

Regards

Ron

• Thanks for that... would explain I think why my system Bitdefender seems to be somewhat unstable. Having said that though why is that download not available from the main site somewhere where we would expect it.

Does the site recognize the OS when the download button is pushed??

Your link takes me to an index sort of web page... so without sounding like a complete noob am I just downloading the .exe for internet security 2010???

Regards

Ron

Was trying to edit my post but it would not let me.... I noticed that my original file on my computer is only 155kb and that the file from the link is almost 19mb... so I re-ran quickly my original file to notice that it downloaded the install package.... so I am going to assume that it is downloading based on OS, is there any way in BD to verify that the x64 is in fact installed?

• download and install bitdefender_internetsecurity_2010_64b.exe from that site which is 141mb and it's a full 64bit setup package.

from your post I assume you have BDIS installed but you're not quite sure if it's 64bit or 32bit, yes?

I might be mistaken but when you install 32bit application on 64bit OS, it's being installed in "Program Files (x86)" folder.

check if such folder exists and if your BD is there - if no, you are with 64bit installed.

that's my assumption though, because I am still on 32bit OS, and I'm not an expert of 64bit OS's.

• Hello purplehayes,

In order to find out if you have a 32 bit or 64 bit operating system, please refer to this Microsoft article for more information .

Thank you.

• Hello purplehayes,

In order to find out if you have a 32 bit or 64 bit operating system, please refer to this Microsoft article for more information .

Thank you.

Hello Alex,

I assume you miss-read my posts... I know I have a 64b OS but was trying to confirm the installation of Bitdefender. However since it installed in the normal "Program Files" then it is a 64b install.

Rgds