Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scheduling; Scanned Emails Zero

Options

I have been using BD v10 247 for the past couple of days. Still deciding before I purchase.

I see there are a variety of different scans "Deep, Full, Quick,..."

What is an 'safe' schedule for these scans? (This computer is a family computer ie teenagers, kids and sdults)

Also I notice under "More Statistics":

"Last Scanned email"

(none)

Scanned emails 0 :huh:

Comments

• SSL traffic can't be scanned.

• 21Rouge
    Options
    SSL traffic can't be scanned.

I am definitely a novice with this stuff.

Is it a problem that BD cant scan my family's POP3 ISP's SSL email? Or will it do the job once one opens an infected attachment?

• Niels
    Options

Hello 21Rouge

What nsr said is right BitDefender can't scan ssl mail.

quick scan will only scan programs for spyware and viruses. I recommend that you perform this scan daily.

deep scan will scan the entire system for viruses and spyware and also inside archives. This is the best scan.

I recommend that you do this scan once in two weeks.

full scan scans also the entire system except archives. Perform this scan once a week.

That are my suggestions.

Regards

Niels

• 21Rouge
    Options
    What nsr said is right BitDefender can't scan ssl mail.

But BD will do its stuff once our pop3 email has been downloaded?

• Niels
    Options

Hello 21Rouge

BitDefender realtime part will react when you are trying to open an infected attachment. But you will not see BitDefender scanning your mail because it doesn't support ssl.

Regards

Niels

• 21Rouge
    Options
    Hello 21Rouge

BitDefender realtime part will react when you are trying to open an infected attachment. But you will not see BitDefender scanning your mail because it doesn't support ssl.

Regards

Niels

Ok. That seems good enough; still protected.