Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Secuity 2010 Crashes Everyday

Options

I've very fed up with this and i'm about to discontinue using my subscription with Bitdefender. I chose this because it was a non-resource-heavy internet security. I did try it out for 30 days and it's seems ok. So i paid for my copy. Not long after I paid for my copy, things started going really wrong.

everyday... yes I mean EVERYDAY, i wake up in the morning and use my computer and when i get home from work.... I get a grey icon saying bitdefender has crashed and requires me to restart my computer. (I leave my computer running all day long, and restart for updates etc about once every 3 days)... of cause until my bitdefender crashes on me everyday.

This is just ridiculous, why am I paying for an internet security that is not going to even running more then half of the time.

so eventually I uninstall and reinstalled bitdefender, everything was ok, until about another month or so.... same things.. it will keep crashing on my again EVERYDAY... grey icon... not working.. need to start computer AGAIN.

I don't know what else i can do.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hello pkw1,

We are sorry to hear that BitDefender is not working on your system as you expected. In order to be able to assist you, we would like you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• after clicking supporttool.exe, nothing happens... no report generated on m y desktop.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello pkw1,

Do you receive any error messages when you try to run the tool ? In case you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista, please right click on this file and choose "Run as administrator" and look if the process starts.

In case you are still not able to run this tool, please follow the steps from the next BitDefender article and reply to our email with the following files attached : "sysdump.tar", "bdfileinfo.log" and "bdregnode.reg" .

Also, we need to look on the files that were automatically created after BitDefender crashed. You will need to browse to the next location from your system: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Temp (Windows XP) or C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Temp (Windows Vista and Windows 7), archive the files that you will find there and reply to our email with the archive attached.

Thank you .

• No error messages when trying to run the supporttool... it just doesn't do anything after double clicking it...

followed your instructions provided and has PM'd you the results with link to where all logfiles are hosted.

Thanks

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello pkw1,

Thank you for the reports. We have analyzed the files that you have sent us and we need another information from your computer. Please browse to the next location:C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 and look after the file "httproxy.dll" . Please right click on it and choose Properties. After that, click on the Version tab and tell us the "File version" that you see there . It should be 5.0.0.6 . Let us know if you have the same version.

Thank you.

• Yes i Have 5.0.0.6

• The problems are still happening twice a day on a daily basis, I have been submitting all the error reports through the auto error submit form after each "critical error" crash with my email. I really hope this can be resolved soon. Everytime i look back at the computer screen, BD has crashed.. i feel like i am not even protected anymore, might as well remove the thing so i can run my PC quicker

• gentilini
    gentilini ✭✭
    edited November 2009
    Options

Hi

I have same problem in BD2010 security (french version on windows seven 32)

Following this discussion i discovered I have got 1 file httproxy.dll 5.0.0.4 dated 01/09/2009 and 1 file httproxy.dll.upd dated 28/10/2009 with 78 Ko both.

What it means and what I have to do to solve this heavy problem of grey icon

Regards

Bruno

• This is still on-going for me... everytime i return to my PC from work or first thing in the morning, BD has crashed and required me to restart PC... I really feel like i have no protection at all.

• This is still on-going for me... everytime i return to my PC from work or first thing in the morning, BD has crashed and required me to restart PC... I really feel like i have no protection at all.

Has anything been resolved with this? I have the same problems, sent the logs to BD, the eventually said reinstall - sounds like a copout to be honest - they dont know what this is.

I will probably try but have put AVG free back on and all ok.

But I like the features of BD? Has anyone had any success of actually getting down the bottom of this problem? BD TECH SUPPORT:- please can you find the answer, you will lose your customers!

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello mrJG,

If possible please follow the steps from my first post and send me a PM or reply to my email with the support tool report .

Thank you.

• My reaserch shows that there has been problem with vsserv.exe - Windows Service with is responsible for starting BD antivirus shield with is somehow merged with BD seciurity centre GUI - so the main problem here is that even when your shield is not started by Windows after reboot ... you are left with no option of restarting shiled manualy using BD GUI.

However I found the way of bypassing this problem (this is not a FIX it is more like a temporary solution) and I'm in process of troubleshooting why BD shield is crashing.

TEMP FIX:

- reboot your PC

- after boot screen press F8

- select Safe Mode with console

- wait

- login as Administrator

- in console type services.msc and press Enter

- in services windows shearch forBitDefender Virus Shield service ( in properties it should say vsserv.exe )

- in properties of this service go to Log ON tab

- select option "This account" and Browse

- in text field type in name of Administrator account ... usualy it is Administrator and then find

- it should find and Administrator account in this syntax: COMPUTER_NAME\Administrator

- click OK and you will be droped to previous window

- type in Administrator password, retype Administrator password and press Apply

- now go to Recovery tab

- Select Action when service fails to start :

a_ First Failure: Restart Service

b_ Secound Failure: Restart Service

c_ Subsequent Failures: Restart Computer

- in field restart service after select 0 sec

In restart computer options set time to 10 sec ( to be able to close your programs ), just in case select option to send message to all computers on the network.

- press OK

- Apply, OK

from now it should run without crashing

tested on Windows 7 64bit BD IS2010

Good Luck

Please let me know your feedback cool.gif

• My reaserch shows that there has been problem with vsserv.exe - Windows Service with is responsible for starting BD antivirus shield with is somehow merged with BD seciurity centre GUI - so the main problem here is that even when your shield is not started by Windows after reboot ... you are left with no option of restarting shiled manualy using BD GUI.

However I found the way of bypassing this problem (this is not a FIX it is more like a temporary solution) and I'm in process of troubleshooting why BD shield is crashing.

TEMP FIX:

- reboot your PC

- after boot screen press F8

- select Safe Mode with console

- wait

- login as Administrator

- in console type services.msc and press Enter

- in services windows shearch forBitDefender Virus Shield service ( in properties it should say vsserv.exe )

- in properties of this service go to Log ON tab

- select option "This account" and Browse

- in text field type in name of Administrator account ... usualy it is Administrator and then find

- it should find and Administrator account in this syntax: COMPUTER_NAME\Administrator

- click OK and you will be droped to previous window

- type in Administrator password, retype Administrator password and press Apply

- now go to Recovery tab

- Select Action when service fails to start :

a_ First Failure: Restart Service

b_ Secound Failure: Restart Service

c_ Subsequent Failures: Restart Computer

- in field restart service after select 0 sec

In restart computer options set time to 10 sec ( to be able to close your programs ), just in case select option to send message to all computers on the network.

- press OK

- Apply, OK

from now it should run without crashing

tested on Windows 7 64bit BD IS2010

Good Luck

Please let me know your feedback cool.gif

Using Vista 64bit. Since I changed my settings according to your instructions (about 1 week ago) my system has not crashed. Thanks for the tip. One would think that Bitdefender could issue a patch to change these settings. ella

• Using Vista 64bit. Since I changed my settings according to your instructions (about 1 week ago) my system has not crashed. Thanks for the tip. One would think that Bitdefender could issue a patch to change these settings. ella

Hi Ella,

Lattely I have logged into my personal account on Bitdefender website to find that I can download BD2011 and register with BD2010 license ... try to rollback them settings from my previous post ( it is quite old ) to defaults and then uninstall BD2010 and install fresh copy of BD2011 and check how it qoes.

Regards,