Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Running But Control Panel Will Nor Show Up

Options

I installed bit defender 2010 registered it etc all seems fine but when I look in the start up items menu. right click and choose show bit defender panel wil not show up??

I have a strong feeling this may be connected to service pack 2, with which I seem to be having major problems with after Fixing a windows issue (with the windows disk) the search option which is altered from windows xp x64 to windows xp x64 sp2 is not functioning anymore.

I also beleive this is also stopping my net browser from showing pages (they just come up blank) or is this malware trojan etc?? I cannot check this as I cannot access bitdefenders control panel ;)

Plz can someone help me with this

I can already guess that totally re-installing windows & or reformating the drive will sort all these problems but do I have to take such extreme measures?

Any help greatly appreciated thx to anyone in advance )

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello espyorkshireman,

In order to be able to determine what is causing the issues that you encountered we recommend you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file ;(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish;

5. Go to the desktop and reply to our email with the file that was created by the SupportTool.

We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you.