Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

The Blue Screen Of Death

Options

Hi there ,

I recently decided to upgrade my pc security and opted to try Bit Defender . I installed a few days ago but keep getting the Windows stop blue screen or "blue screen of death" at random times during pc use. Using Windows XP with no other security software installed , lots of other software installed , mostly games . Anybody out there experience this problem or know what i can do ?

Bit Defender is now just running barebones , firewall and virus scan , nothing else . I used to have issues with other security software suites hogging system resources and found just firewall and virus protection gets me by without slowdown . No crash yet but i have no reason to believe it wont happen again .

Comments

• Hi there ,

I recently decided to upgrade my pc security and opted to try Bit Defender . I installed a few days ago but keep getting the Windows stop blue screen or "blue screen of death" at random times during pc use. Using Windows XP with no other security software installed , lots of other software installed , mostly games . Anybody out there experience this problem or know what i can do ?

Bit Defender is now just running barebones , firewall and virus scan , nothing else . I used to have issues with other security software suites hogging system resources and found just firewall and virus protection gets me by without slowdown . No crash yet but i have no reason to believe it wont happen again .

Hi Janey

Is there an error code you see or can read when the bluescreen is recieved ?

All services packs uptodate ?

• Yes , there was an error code . I didn't take note of it , but after 4 or 5 crashes Windows help had isolated the problem as being with the security software . Still has not crashed after disabling everything but the firewall and virus scan .

• Is your O/S fully patched and up to date?

• Janeymac
    edited November 2009
    Options

Everything is up to date on the pc as far as i know . Anyway , pc crashed again last night while playing a game . The blue screen flashed for a half a second and the pc turned itself off . I've uninstalled BitDefender for now but may try it again with the 2010 beta .

• FWIW, Jaynemac, I never install ANYONE's full Internet Suite. All of them (I've used or installed on client systems all of the major ones) cause problems of one sort or another.

My recommendation to all of my clients is to use a simple hardware firewall ($50 router), a good antivirus program and common sense. Nothing else. Has worked well for me (and my clients) since 1995 when I first plugged my company (and then, clients) LAN onto the Internet.

The popular "Internet Suites" sap processor time to the extent that all apps begin to run slower. If you can notice that there is a performance difference, then your processor is taking a major hit from the security software. I've uninstalled many "Internet Suites" and just replaced it with an anti-virus program with great success.

Good luck.