Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Torrent Related Virus Invisible To Bd 2009?

Options

Hello BD Support,

The last time I wrote on this forum you guys magically solved my problem. I am hoping for a similar miracle again :)

BD: BD 2009 Total Security (fully updated, broadband internet 24 hours)

Problem:

My computer gets restarted if I use ANY torrent software for downloading files. I get the dreaded Blue Screen of Death and then it restarts.

a. I first thought it was my torrent software. WRONG. I tried all torrent softwares available but nothing fixed it.

a.1 Ran a BD 'deep system scan' but nothing spotted.

b. I thought it was some 'normal' virus that will go away by reinstalling windows and formatting the C drive. WRONG. I reinstalled the OS and it did not help.

c. I checked the BSOD error code and thought something was wrong with my own computer. Tried to find a fix but couldn't find any and gave up. WRONG. Just yesterday I found out that one of my friends also has the same virus(?).

I am attaching the BSOD screenshots (that took from my cellphone!). I need all the help in the world. Havent downloaded a thing for the last so so so many months. This forum is my final try!

Cheers and thanks in advance to all you guys!

Santosh

New Delhi, India

post-27938-1258157467_thumb.jpg

post-27938-1258157489_thumb.jpg

post-27938-1258157500_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Santosh,

Unfortunately the screen-shots will not help us very much. Please go to the next location : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump, archive the files that you will find here, upload the archive on http://www.sendspace.com/, then post here the download link .

Thank you.

• Hello Santosh,

Unfortunately the screen-shots will not help us very much. Please go to the next location : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump, archive the files that you will find here, upload the archive on http://www.sendspace.com/, then post here the download link .

Thank you.

Thanks for the response, Alex.

For the minidump, I will now start the torrent again and wait for a BSOD error. Once that happens I will upload the file and send you the link.

Thank you for your help.

Hope the minidump gives you the exact problem that needs to be fixed.

Cheers!

Santosh

• Hi Alex,

In a dramatic turn of events, my computer has not restarted for a week now. I tried 2-3 times to download something so that a BSOD may come and I can then give you the minidump file. But surprisingly nothing has happened yet (isn't that a good thing!).

I will continue to use the torrent software and will let you know if the BSOD occurs. I hope it doesn't happen, though! :D

Cheers and thanks so much!

Santosh

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Santosh,

We are glad to hear the this issue has not occured on your system anymore. Do not hesitate to contact us back if you have any other questions or issues .

Thank you.

• Hello Santosh,

We are glad to hear the this issue has not occurred on your system anymore. Do not hesitate to contact us back if you have any other questions or issues .

Thank you.

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to bother you again but here is the link to the system dump file you asked.

This is not from my friends' computer which has the same torrent related virus. He too uses BD 2009 Total Security. I assumed it may be a win32.worm.downadup virus (for which you had provided me a tool). I ran that tool on his system and put the torrent on but the system still restarted.

I have, according to your instructions, made a rar file of the minidump folder and uploaded it on sendspace. Here is is the link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eq3743

Again, i am 100% hopeful that you will be able to solve this problem.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Thank you.

Santosh

• Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to bother you again but here is the link to the system dump file you asked.

This is not from my friends' computer which has the same torrent related virus. He too uses BD 2009 Total Security. I assumed it may be a win32.worm.downadup virus (for which you had provided me a tool). I ran that tool on his system and put the torrent on but the system still restarted.

I have, according to your instructions, made a rar file of the minidump folder and uploaded it on sendspace. Here is is the link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eq3743

Again, i am 100% hopeful that you will be able to solve this problem.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Thank you.

Santosh

Hey Alex,

Any updates?

Cheers!

Santosh

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Santosh,

We have analyzed the minudmp files that you have sent us. In order to solve this sittuation, we recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 following the steps from the next thread.

Thank you.