Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Is Locking My Laptop

Options

I picked up a number of virus / worms after connecting a USB HD to my laptop. Bitdefender reported it had blocked them, but now when I boot the laptop Bitdefender goes into a loop where it continually blocks around 5 problems. This causes the CPU load to be at 100% and the machine is effectively locked. Various virus names appear for a fraction of a second, such as:

Worm autoruner.F1

Onlinegames.3.xxxxx

Generic PWS,games.xxxxxx

Malware SgPWS.xxx

I have run Bitdefender in Windows Safe Mode, but disinfection, delete, and move fail!

Can you offer any suggestions, as the laptop is unusable?

Thanks

Ian

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello IanSeward

I suggest that you use BitDefender rescue cd-rom. Put in your installation disc of BitDefender. Boot your pc with the cd-rom inside. You have first to change the boot sequence in your BIOS. So you must change that first will be looked at your cd-rom,hard disc. You can change that when you see the BIOS screen. To enter the BIOS try to press delete or the key that is displayed.

When you see a screen with LinuxDefender on press on enter.Double click on install NTFS Write Drivers. Press first on BitDefender remote admin and then on update now After that rightclick on the folder you want to scan and choose send to , BitDefender scanner you can also press on configure antivirus. If the scan is finished you have to do this rightclick on the partition icons and choose for unmount and exit.

If the viruses are inside archives you have to delete them manually. Could you please attach also the scanreport? You will find that when you start BitDefender go to general,events,choose for antivirus,double click on scan report finished and press on more info.

Regards

Niels

• Hello IanSeward

I suggest that you use BitDefender rescue cd-rom. Put in your installation disc of BitDefender. Boot your pc with the cd-rom inside. You have first to change the boot sequence in your BIOS. So you must change that first will be looked at your cd-rom,hard disc. You can change that when you see the BIOS screen. To enter the BIOS try to press delete or the key that is displayed.

When you see a screen with LinuxDefender on press on enter.Double click on install NTFS Write Drivers. Press first on BitDefender remote admin and then on update now After that rightclick on the folder you want to scan and choose send to , BitDefender scanner you can also press on configure antivirus. If the scan is finished you have to do this rightclick on the partition icons and choose for unmount and exit.

If the viruses are inside archives you have to delete them manually. Could you please attach also the scanreport? You will find that when you start BitDefender go to general,events,choose for antivirus,double click on scan report finished and press on more info.

Regards

Niels

Hi Niels

I do not have an installation CD as I purchased as download. The viruses are not in archives, but cannot be deleted manually or by Bitdefender - Safe mode. Locations and file names look like System32 qjdoor0.dll, rxdoor0.dll, etc. Is it possible to download an image of the installation cd to make a bootable disc from?

Regards

Ian

• Niels
    Options

Hello IanSeward

Yes that is possible. Download this image

Burn it as a bootable disc in your burn software. You must change the boot sequence to see how to do that take a look at my previous reply.

Regards

Niels

• Hello IanSeward

Yes that is possible. Download this image

Burn it as a bootable disc in your burn software. You must change the boot sequence to see how to do that take a look at my previous reply.

Regards

Niels

Hi Niels

Everything is fine now. Many thanks for your time, and much appreciated help.

Regards

Ian

• Niels
    Options

Hello IanSeward

Glad that I could assist you.

Regards

Niels