Outlook Email Scanner

Hi

I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2010. Since installing it, my Outlook 2007 does not show the progress of the downloading emails. It only updates the progress bar once an entire message has been downloaded. This becomes a problem when I receive large emails, as outlook times out. I have increased the timeout in outlook, so the emails do download, but it would be better if I could see the progress of downloading emails.

I also have a client that uses Bitdefender Client Security on their 80 PCs, all of which have the same problem.

Is there anything that I can do to resolve this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello sgoodbrand,

Just in testing purpose we would like you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab, click on the Custom Level button. Here uncheck the option "Scan incoming emails" then click on Ok.

2. Check if the same issue occurs.

3. Now, click on the Antispam module and disable it . Look if the same issue occurs and let us know the results.

In regards to the issues encountered with Bitdefender Client Security product , we recommend you to post a description of the issue on our Business Protection subforum .

Thank you.

• Hello sgoodbrand,

Just in testing purpose we would like you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab, click on the Custom Level button. Here uncheck the option "Scan incoming emails" then click on Ok.

2. Check if the same issue occurs.

3. Now, click on the Antispam module and disable it . Look if the same issue occurs and let us know the results.

In regards to the issues encountered with Bitdefender Client Security product , we recommend you to post a description of the issue on our Business Protection subforum .

Thank you.

Hi Alex

I have done as you suggested. I disabled the Scanning of incoming emails first, then disabled the anti-spam module. It still does not update the message download progress bar.

I have also installed 2009 Total Security and that does the same thing.

• After rebooting my PC with both the Incoming mail scanner and the Anti-spam disabled, the progress bar started working.

I have tried enabling them one at a time, but as soon as I enable one of them the progress bar stops updating.

Is there a way to resolve this issue without having to disable them?

• Hello sgoodbrand,

If possible, please reproduce this sittuation one more time and tell us what option have you enabled first when you encounter this issue. Also, please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.