Applications Blocked By Active Virus Control

2»

Comments

• The MNG filetype plugin of GIMP-2.6.8 fails to initialise unless it is excluded from AVC.

I added the following exclusion and GIMP-2.6.8 now starts up without the Initialisation Error it used to give for file-mng.exe:

C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-mng.exe

BitDefender presented no notification dialog during the failure of this executable to initialise but the exclusion solidly fixes the error.

Thank you for this hint. I had the same problem.

Darek

• Hello,

@Boyz: Is the issue still present ? Please mention the game in question, the file you use to execute the game and the patch file. Also please define what you mean by 'game won't start anymore': any error message? If so please also enclose a screenshot of it.

@Darek: Glad to see the issue has been resolved, feel free to contact us anytime with any further queries you may have.

Regards,

• EXPLORER.EXE IE7 when disabled as it will not switch off properly

• Hello,

Davey please send me the requested log files requested in this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Dear Bitdefender Team.

After installing Deep Freeze,

I noticed that my computer became very slow, epecailly on start up and also on usage.

I am suspecting a conflict between deep freeze and Bitdefender. but im still not 100 %

Kindly look into this application, as it may be blocked/interefered by Active Virus Control.

edited September 2010

Application: WinWord.EXE

Problem: Don't open (application freezes and Windows 7 forces it to close while the splash screen is been shown on the screen)

Solution: Add program WinWord.EXE to Active Virus Control Exceptions of the Antivirus Module of BitDefender Total Security 2010

Question: Is there another solution to this problem? I think that if I do apply the solution above, the Macro Virus that could be on a Word file can infect my pc in an easier manner with this Bitdefender module not working to this application...

Informations:

Version of "WinWord.EXE": Microsoft Office Word Enterprise 2007 12.0.6541.5000 SP2 (PT-BR) (Updated until now)

Version of Bitdefender Total Security 2010: 13.0.21.347 (PT-BR) (Updated until now)

PS: See the picture of the error in this message attachment below (JPEG file format)

Best Regards,

André M.

post-35617-1285696167_thumb.jpg

post-35617-1285696182_thumb.jpg

• Cyberscrub privacy suite 4.7 and 5.1 ,avc will stop them running at start up to clear system protected temp files ect,

and cyberscrub was added to allow list also, but still would not function correctly,now i no longer use avc, as there were other applications affected by it also but i'm unable to remember which software was affected

It is in the toolbar (left hand side of address bar). If you don't see it right click the toolbar > add or remove buttons > select magic fill.

• I just tried installing Firefox 3.6.12 (fresh download from mozilla website), and the install file was being blocked by AVC. The previous version installed was 3.0, which also was being blocked. Also Internet Explorer 7 required an exception. The OS is Windows XP SP3.

I think that the checking is far too strict to be usable by the average person. As default, it should at least allow the option of running the program instead of just saying that it has been blocked. I just installed BitDefender 2011 on a clients computer, and they are a very basic user. All settings were kept at default, which is good protection, but does not allow any flexibility for easy modifications of settings like this. Requiring a non-technical user to go into expert mode from a clean install of the software makes it seem like there is major work that needs to be completed with the detection of malware. No other virus scanner (Norton, Kaspersky, ESET, etc) seems to have this problem. Programs should not require an exception rule to run, especially core programs for Windows. This is showing to me that either the virus detection is not strong enough and are not able to detect the same issues as AVC, or the AVC settings are too strict and result in very many false positives.

As a result of this, I will likely not be recommending this software to any of my customers until these issues are resolved and are competitive with the other big players in the anti-virus industry.

• Hello,

What is the level of the slider for the AVC settings ? What are your settings for the Real Time Protection ? Most of the known programs are automatically detected and allowed.

If you have it on Aggressive then it's normal to receive so many false positive. Check the note next to each of the slider's positions.

Also we have always offered our users the option to upgrade for FREE, free of charge, as long as they have a valid license key.

You can upgrade at any time and use the 2011 version as explained in the article below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20941

Kind regards,

• Media Player Classic Home Cinema v1.4.2499.0 x64 not working.

I have to turn Game mode on to run the program.

Tried to add the executable to the exclusion list but that doesn't change anything.

• yannsolo
    edited December 2010

hello i can't open hold'em manager

thx

• hello i can't open hold'em manager

thx

Issues specific to Holdem Manager were also discussed in the 2011 versions of BD products in this topic. I'm not certain if a resolution has been completed, but you may want to consider upgrading (for free) to the 2011 BD version and try it.

Regards,

• Team Fortress 2 is being blocked. Executable is hl2.exe, so any mod using that executable will probably be blocked as well.

• Hello,

Enin: please post what Operating System are you using and what BitDefender product. Also mention your PC architecture (32-bits / 64-bits). What you mean by:

probably be blocked as well
    ?

The executable file for Team Fortress 2 is hl2.exe ? You launch it via Steam ? Try to add the exe file as exception into Antivirus >> Advanced Settings >> Exceptions and click on the small "+" then browse in your PC for the EXE file.

Do you receive a pop-up saying that the EXE above is blocked by AVC ? Can you post one please ?

Looking forward to your answer !

• Has anyone ever received Windows a Media Revocation and Renewal error while trying to convert music. I am using Windows 7 with Rhapsody. After trying to convert approximately 20 songs, the converter gives off Windows Media Revocation and Renewal error. I have to completely shut down my computer and do this for every 20 songs I try and convert or just listen to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm probably posting this in the wrong forum, but I could not even find how to post a question here, any help on this would also be greatly appreciated.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8020" data-fileid="8020" rel="">error_message.pdf

• Has anyone ever received Windows a Media Revocation and Renewal error while trying to convert music. I am using Windows 7 with Rhapsody. After trying to convert approximately 20 songs, the converter gives off Windows Media Revocation and Renewal error. I have to completely shut down my computer and do this for every 20 songs I try and convert or just listen to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm probably posting this in the wrong forum, but I could not even find how to post a question here, any help on this would also be greatly appreciated.

This is a technical support forum for BitDefender. What does your error have to do with BitDefender? Do you have BitDefender installed?

Regards,

• thank for post......

• Both lukamacan11 and ChgoGurl banned. Spammers.

Posts set to invisible.

• Hello all .I use bitdefender total security 2011. First I say thank you for your solution .Now I want to tell you ,program that I found blocked by bitdefender Total Security 2011 .PointBlank game is the program that blocker when it run .Here is the website of PointBlank .PointBlank indonesia .Here is the screen shot bitdefender.png .Please make an update for this false alarm .Because there are many people that can`t solve this problem .So I think , it is better to make an update file .So it is then automatically fixed .Thank you