Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.pws.ldpinch.tez

I have BD Total Security - Build: 11.0.17

Once or twice in a week the scan reveals an infection (not every scan)

The infection is:

[system]=] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\BITS\ImagePath=]C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXE Trojan.PWS.LDPinch.TEZ Infected

[system]=] C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\svchost.exe [408] (disk) Trojan.PWS.LDPinch.TEZ Infected

[system]=] C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\svchost.exe [532] (disk) Trojan.PWS.LDPinch.TEZ Infected

No action was possible.

I am unable to quarantine or delete

The infection is only reported periodically, a direct BD scan on the svchost file returns ok no infection.

I have searched all BD tech help and this forum and can find no reference to a Trojan.PWS.LDPinch.TEZ .

Could this be a false positive?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009

Hello ajegan001,

In order to be able to further investigate this issue,we would like you to go to the next link and run the BDSI and the Gmer tools as described in the article . After you obtain these reports , you will need to upload them here then reply with the download links . My colleagues from the Virus Analysis team will analyze these files and we will contact you back with further instructions after the analysis is complete .

Thank you .