Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem With Bitdefender 2k10 Firewall In Win 7 X86

Options

dear sir/mam,

i have issue on bitdefender firewall in windows 7, i'm trying to block some program to limit internet usage activity, the problem is bitdefender doesn't block that program nor detect it, the program i'm trying to block is EA auto updates on Command and conquer red alert 3 games, it's annoying cause pop up autoupdate keep poping up, indicating that firewall doesn't block it

i already tried set firewall setting to report : any program outbound should be reporting to bitdefender firewall, weird that this program doesn't do that, looks like it slip trough, anf i dont see it in firewall rules, i already manually ad to firewall rules, but it keep slipping trough.

for note : previously, i'm using vista + bitdefender 2009, firewall bitdefender 2k9 it doing it job great job for blocking any program that trying to connect to internet with no exception (except of course the one i allow). Now i'm using win 7, and bitdefender 2K9 isn't compatibe anymore, so i kinda stuck with bitdefender 2k10!!!

please help with the issue above, THX

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello claudluciffer,

If you already added that process in the rules list with the action Deny, you should not have this issue anymore. If you still have the same sittuation , then most probably another executable file is used for EA auto updates . Try blocking other processes and look what is happening. Also, please go to the next location: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Firewall, look after the file called "rules.xml", upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/, then post here the download link .

Thank you.

• claudluciffer
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hello claudluciffer,

If you already added that process in the rules list with the action Deny, you should not have this issue anymore. If you still have the same sittuation , then most probably another executable file is used for EA auto updates . Try blocking other processes and look what is happening. Also, please go to the next location: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Firewall, look after the file called "rules.xml", upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/, then post here the download link .

Thank you.

Thank you for quick reply

i uploaded rules.xml as you requested here

i also attach rules.xml files in this post as well

it seems like red alert 3 executable (RA3.exe) still sensing internet connection, when they detect available connection, when i click OK for the updates pop up, it create a new executables files located somewhere in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\ElectronicArts_patcher_000.exe na.llnet.eadownloads etc etc.... , this temporary executable files doesn't listed also in firewall rules

i already deny on firewall rules for RA3.exe, TCP and UDP for any type connection, maybe there is another port that bitdefender doesn't block in windows 7?

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5864" data-fileid="5864" rel="">rules.xml

• Thank you for quick reply

i uploaded rules.xml as you requested here

i also attach rules.xml files in this post as well

it seems like red alert 3 executable (RA3.exe) still sensing internet connection, when they detect available connection, when i click OK for the updates pop up, it create a new executables files located somewhere in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\ElectronicArts_patcher_000.exe na.llnet.eadownloads etc etc.... , this temporary executable files doesn't listed also in firewall rules

i already deny on firewall rules for RA3.exe, TCP and UDP for any type connection, maybe there is another port that bitdefender doesn't block in windows 7?

a little help please, does anyone know the solution of my problem...

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello claudluciffer,

Please try to add the executable files that you said are temporarily crated when RA3 is launched and let us know if the same issue occurs . Also, you may want to contact Command and Conquer Customer Support and ask them what is the port or the process that is used for auto updates. You can reach them accessing the next link .

Thank you.