Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do You Disable Bitdefender Antivirus?

Options

how do you disable it, you used to be able to right click the taskbar icon, then disable

Comments

• John Kemp
    Options

This is an IMPORTANT QUESTION. As we all know, many programs advise disabling AV software when being installed. I would like to know the answer too! I tried the not-very-user-friendly usage of Task Manager, but it wouldn't let me stop the process!

• I recently had to re-install Vista on my laptop after Bitdefender interfered with a Vista update. The computer was unuseable after this conflict between Bitdefender and the O/S update from Microsoft. How do I temporarily disable (and later re-enable) Bitdefender 2010 Internet Security for important and trusted program downloads & installations?

• you cannot.

it's so because of self-protecting module of BD engine that prevents any software or user to stop it entirely.

you may however disable real-time protection (expert mode, antivirus section, shield tab)

or active virus control (same tab, advanced settings button)

• I recently had to re-install Vista on my laptop after Bitdefender interfered with a Vista update. The computer was unuseable after this conflict between Bitdefender and the O/S update from Microsoft. How do I temporarily disable (and later re-enable) Bitdefender 2010 Internet Security for important and trusted program downloads & installations?

Hi ecbritz,

Just for fun, Microsoft isn't perfect.

I have problem with an Vista x64 with SP1 system, where I couldn't install Service Pack 2 though I followed all steps provided by Microsoft Troubleshooting. Not Microsoft Update Readiness Toll v4,v5 nor other solution offered from Microsoft, helped me.

That is...

:-(

;-)