Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2010 Scanning Path

Options

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone know how I can configure the path I choose to scan instead BD choose for me. Currently it detects my C and D drive but wouldn't let me choose to scan ONLY the C drive. I remember version 2008 let you choose the drives you would like to scan. If there is any type of fix to this please tell me about it. I choose to have a smaller C drive for a reason but now it also scanning my D drives which I don't really want it scanning things and deleting things. If anyone know any information that you can give me to disable scanning the D drive that would be GREAT. I hope to hear from some of you soon. Thank you again in advance.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello GeneraznXz,

BitDefender offers you the possibility to create a new scan task and choose what path you want to scan . Here are the steps that will help you create a new scan task :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module then click on the Virus Scan tab.

2. If you want to have the same options as the Deep System Scan task, please right click on this task and choose Clone Task.

3. Now, a new window will be displayed. Under the "Overview" tab, give a name to this task.

3. Click on the "Paths" tab and select the path that you want to scan then click on Ok.

4. Under "User Defined Tasks" , the new task was created and you can run it accessing the "Run Task" button.

You can always modify different settings of this scan task. Simply right click on it and choose Properties.

Thank you.