[solved] Deep Scanning Stops Update (except It Isn't Deep Scanning)

I just D/L 2010 after deleting it due to the 'no page load' error and that problem now appears to have been fixed. Now I am unable to update because of the folowing message: "Update process failed because an Antivirus scanning task is in process. If you want to update now, please stop the running scan process and try again."

Well, under the antivirus tab, it shows as performing a deep scan; however, no deep scan is running nor can I access "show scan paths", "schedule' or 'view logs'. I can, however run a quick system scan, which completes and tells me there are no errors. The deep scan has been reported as running for at least 12 hours so far and I assume it will go on forever, which means I can't update. Any solutions or confirmation of the same bug would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hello Knapweed,

If after a reboot the same issue occurs, please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• Well, I'm very embarrassed to say that a reboot cured it. :huh:

Thanks for the swift response!

• Hello Knapweed,

We are glad to hear that this sittuation have been fixed. Thank you for your feedback.

This discussion has been closed.