Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Possible Spyware Preventing Access To Internet

Options

Hello all

My wife brought to my attention a problem she has with her laptop. Every couple mins or so a pop upwarning her that her computer is infected and various .exe files are infected. When this happens it directs her to "antivirus live." which appears to be a webbased antivirus site. I suspect this is spyware.

I did a scan and bit defender didn't find anything but... there were 5 password protected files that were not scanned. I don't remember having any more than 2 in the past.

What can I do to get past the password protection and fix my wifes laptop.

Thanks in Advance

Mike

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello MVANHOUSEN,

This sittuation requires further investigation. We would like you to go to the next link and run the BDSI and the Gmer tools as described in the article . After you obtain these reports , you will need to upload them here then reply with the download links . My colleagues from the Virus Analysis team will analyze these files and we will contact you back with further instructions after the analysis is complete .

Thank you .