Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Bset Way To Delete Exploit.pdf-js.gen

Options

Whilst surfing, BDIS2009 alerted me and blocked "Exploit.PDF-JS.Gen" as being a threat. I immediately did a Deep Scan and found it, but BD was saying "No action", so I sent it to quarrantine. I have tried to send it twice to Bitdefender and each time it says the process is finished but the tab says "NO" as having not been sent..........I'm a bit confused.

My question is how to get rid of it from quarantine - should I just right click and delete it from quarantine and is this the best way to eliminate it.

Wndows XP, Adobe Reader and Java are all up to date, by the way, as of course is BDIS2009.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Micky,

Please post the original location where the threat was detected.

Cris.

• Hello Micky,

Please post the original location where the threat was detected.

Cris.

Hello Cris

It is in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ES75S90L\ChangeLog[1].pdf=](JAVASCRIPT)

• alexcrist
    Options

That file, as you can see, is just a temporary file from Internet Explorer's cache. You can safely delete it from both your HDD and BitDefender's Quarantine.

If you suspect that this is a false positive (clean file, wrongly detected as infected), please send me a PM with the link that you were viewing in Internet Explorer when this alert appeared.

About the Sent column in BitDefender Quarantine (I assume that's where you saw the "NO" you were talking about), that means that the files in quarantine were not sent to BitDefender Labs. The files which you see in that list were moved/copied (depending on your choice) into quarantine, whatever the Sent column says.

Cris.

• Thanks for such a quick response Cris.

I'll delete it from quarantine and use CCleaner to clean up system, then try another deep scan and see what happens.

Regards

Micky.

• alexcrist
    Options

You are welcome, Micky. If you have other questions about this issue, feel free to post here. :)

Cris.

• Deep scan shows no threats now - all o/k. :D

Many thanks Cris - have a good Christmas.

Micky

• alexcrist
    Options

Merry Christmas to you too. :)

Since this issue was solved, I'll close this topic. If you need it reopened, use the Report button to let us know.

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.