Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Slow Lan Transfer When Firewall Is Enabled

Options

Hi, i'm purchased 3 license of bitdefender 2010 total security and now i'm testing lan file sharing. When firewall is set on ( trusted local,off,yes) the transfer rate from pc 1 to 2 is normal (12mb/s for a 100mbit router) but the transfert from pc 2 to 1 is slow( 400-500kb/s to 1.5 mb/s). When firewall on pc 2 is disabled all is fine (12 mb/s). So the problem is the bd firewall.

The adpter on pc1 is a marvell yukon , on pc2 a realtek

Are there any issues on this situation or is a my problem?

Thanks

XG

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello XG,

Could you tell us what operating system do you have, and what architecture (32bits or 64 bits)?

Cris.

• xgiovio
    edited January 2010
    Options

of course. Windows 7 64 bit RTM Ultimate on both machines

• alexcrist
    Options

Try disabling the IPv6 protocol from your network adapter, on both systems, to see if anything changes:

- click on the network icon in system tray, and right click on the connection you use. Select Status

- click on the Properties button (UAC might react, depending on your UAC settings)

- There, uncheck the option Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

- click OK to close all dialogs.

When following the above steps, your network adapter will automatically reset, which will cause loss of all connectivity for a few seconds. The connection should recover by itself (except if your connection goes through a modem, in which case you might need to redial).

Please try the above steps and post back if the problem reoccurs.

Cris.

• wow. it's works! THANKS! Can you explain me why is ther this problem?

• alexcrist
    Options

I don't have technical details at this moment. But there were some other reports on the forum that IPv6 somehow causes speed loss when BitDefender is installed. I will try to find out some more details and, if I do, I'll post back here.

I'm glad that the above workaround solved your problem for the time being. :)

Cris.

• ok thanks

• This issue also exist in Bitdefender 2011 Internet Security Suite. Disabling the IPV6 also solved the data transfer issue. I'm guessing this maybe related to Windows having to tunnel IPV6 over IPV4 to communicate over an IPV4 network. Will be interesting to see if anyone has an IPV6 infrastructure setup to see if they have this issue.