Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Is 2010 Restarts System When Scanning

Options

Due to having a hard drive failure I had to reinstall Windows XP on a new C Drive. I duly reinstalled IS 2010 as well. The install seemed to go ok but whenever I request a deep scan of my system IS gets so far and then restarts my whole computer! :o So far I must have tried 8 or 10 times with the same result. Any ideas?? Its driving me mad!

Everything else on my computer is working fine.

Thanks

Comments

• Lionet
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Due to having a hard drive failure I had to reinstall Windows XP on a new C Drive. I duly reinstalled IS 2010 as well. The install seemed to go ok but whenever I request a deep scan of my system IS gets so far and then restarts my whole computer! :o So far I must have tried 8 or 10 times with the same result. Any ideas?? Its driving me mad!

Everything else on my computer is working fine.

Thanks

Hello sekhmet,

I'm not an expert, but your problem seems to be beyond the action of Windows or BD, the registry base could not have been already gloated with too many software on your brand new system.

A problem of malware?

A problem on the motherboard, on the BIOS?

The memory maybe?

:huh:

Maybe you could try to download a very good anti-spyware (and the free version useful) and test the deep scan with it to check the reaction.

Good night,

L.

• Hello sekhmet,

Indeed, in your case the issue seems to be produced by a hardware or software configuration.

However, it is also possible that the BitDefender installation was not complete.

We have sent you an e-mail with the correct steps for installing BitDefender on your system.

Please reply to the e-mail if you have any other question.

Thank you.

• Hi if you right click my computer and choose mange on the left you see event viewer click the + sign and you will see windows logs next click on system and review it see what errors come up from the auto reboot. Most reboots are caused by bad ram you can also get memtest write a cd from the iso and boot from it to check the ram it is a free program.

• Thanks for all the replies :)

Shop has taken PC back to have a look at it ...... hopefully problem will be sorted ;) Am suspecting a hard drive error may be at fault.

Thanks for the email Aurelian, will check it through on the machine when its back :)