Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Remove Bitdefender Antiphishing Toolbar From Firefox 3.5.x

Options

I have uninstall bitdefender on my computer with the remove software. No my problem is in firefox I have a extension that i can remove because everthing is gray. My qeustion is can I do this manualy and how.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Novan ,

If you have used our uninstall tool , no other traces of BitDefender should remain on your system . We recommend you to download and run it again from the next link: http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall . Bellow you will find the steps that will help you uninstall the BitDefender toolbar from Firefox :

1. Open Firefox , click on the Tools option from the top and then click on Add-ons .

2. Under Extensions click on "BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar" and select Uninstall.

3. Restart Firefox and everything should be ok .

Thank you .

• RUU7
    edited November 2009
    Options

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. I don't have any BitDefender products installed and i still can't uninstall the Toolbar extension. Even with that Uninstall Tool. :/

Where is the Toolbar extension installed (default folder and stuff)?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello RUU7,

Please try to run the BitDefender uninstall tool in Safe Mode and let us know if you have the same issue.

[How to start your computer in Safe Mode]

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

Thank you.

• I'm having the same problem. Firefox v. 3.5.6 on Windows 7 x64. Running the Bitdefender uninstall application (in safe mode or not) claims to have uninstalled everything successfully, but the AntiPhishing toolbar is still there. When I go to "Manage Add-Ons..." in Firefox, I can see BitDefender Anti-Phishing toolbar, with an enabled button labeled "Disable", and a disabled button labeled "Uninstall".

If I click the "Disable" button, it switches text to "Enable", and I get a "Restart Firefox for these changes to take effect" box. If I click that, I have to close Firefox manually anyway (although it does then immediately restart), but going back into "Manage Add-Ons" shows the Anti-Phishing toolbar is once again (or possibly still) enabled.

My questions:

1) Why is it re-enabling the toolbar?

2) Why can't I uninstall it through Firefox' manage add-ons?

3) How do I get rid of this thing?

• I'm having the same problem. Firefox v. 3.5.6 on Windows 7 x64. Running the Bitdefender uninstall application (in safe mode or not) claims to have uninstalled everything successfully, but the AntiPhishing toolbar is still there. When I go to "Manage Add-Ons..." in Firefox, I can see BitDefender Anti-Phishing toolbar, with an enabled button labeled "Disable", and a disabled button labeled "Uninstall".

If I click the "Disable" button, it switches text to "Enable", and I get a "Restart Firefox for these changes to take effect" box. If I click that, I have to close Firefox manually anyway (although it does then immediately restart), but going back into "Manage Add-Ons" shows the Anti-Phishing toolbar is once again (or possibly still) enabled.

My questions:

1) Why is it re-enabling the toolbar?

2) Why can't I uninstall it through Firefox' manage add-ons?

3) How do I get rid of this thing?

I am having the same problem as well, its in Add-ons and the uninstall is greyed out.

• This is on WinXP SP3, Firefox 3.5.x, and BitDefender Antivirus 2009

1. COPY the FFToolbar folder in BitDefender to a safe place
    2. Boot to the Safe Mode and delete the contents of FFToolbar folder
    3. Reboot normally
    4. In your USERPROFILE\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hex-code.default, delete the following files

• extensions.ini
      • extensions.cache
      • extensions.rdf
    5. Start Firefox which will regenerated these files and the BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar will be gone from the Firefox Extensions list :P
  • Unknown
    edited January 2010
    Options

Hello Tecknomage,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this solution.

Please let us know if you tried this on your computer and if you had any issues with other toolbars from Mozilla Firefox after deleting the files extensions.ini, extensions.cache, extensions.rdf.

Thank you

• Hello Tecknomage,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this solution.

Please let us know if you tried this on your computer and if you had any issues with other toolbars from Mozilla Firefox after deleting the files extensions.ini, extensions.cache, extensions.rdf.

Thank you

This was on my home WinXP SP3 system. And you miss-phrased, it's not "toolbars" in Firefox, it IS and Extension.

• I am having the same problem as well, its in Add-ons and the uninstall is greyed out.

The best fix I can see for this, is simply uninstall Firefox......re-install. I had the same problem, tried everything, this was the only method I found effective.