Vsserv.exe Not Responding Issues

2»

Comments

• So for reasons beyond me bit defender has decided to start working again, at least for the time being.

• WORK AROUND TO GRAY ICON

We run BitDefender Internet Security Build 13.0.20.47 in Windows XP Pro. We began to notice the system tray BD icon graying out. We right clicked on the icon, and clicked "Update Now". It woke up to bright red in a second or two.

We disabled auto update, but got the alert triangle, and a request to fix the "issue." We never had this problem before with the full version of BitDefender. (We had down scaled to just the Internet version to save money.) So we put it back on auto, and do the workaround as needed. BitDefender performs and protects as usual.

We hope this temporary fix helps someone. At least, you don't have to reboot.

I actually just got the BD icon grayed out for no apparent reason whatsoever. I tried this approach but the icon did not turn to red. I had to reboot the computer.

If there is a need for me to run the Support tool, please let me know. I would like to find a solution.

• It happened again an hour ago. "Vsserv.exe not responding" grey icon ...

Please find here the link to my Support Tool report.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y7aq09

I would really appreciate a solution as soon as possible, as this is a rather irritating issue that I did not have before.

• New version of Bit Watcher available for those interested:

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2239...?rel=1273527952

Bit Watcher v3

• Hello all,

@Sonya:

@carterhawk:

n order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware, Spybot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.

• Daniel,

Just to let you know it happened again. I'm sending you by PM the vsserv trace log, as requested.

• Unknown
    edited May 2010

Hi everyone,

Andrei got your PM, thanks for the feedback. I will analyze the new logs and send you a reply on the open ticket you have with us.

@Bagleys: your post was deleted due to not respecting our Forum rules. Advertising on the forum is not allowed, no matter the type of product you mention in your post.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Thank you!

Regards,

• Alright, Daniel.

If you need another vsserv trace log, let me know, because I have another one for you. Vsserv stopped a few minutes ago again. However it seems my workaround by having a shortcut to Vsserv on the desktop and right-clicking on the shortcut and clicking on "Run as administrator" seems to work. The icon was red again after some 10 seconds.

• Hi again Andrei,

Yes indeed I do need a fresh vsserv log to see what is causing the not responding error. Please reply to my last email and attach the log. Thank you!

Regards,

• Kapi187
    edited May 2010

I'm having the same issue... Vista 7

Sent log files using support tool...

**Edit... spoke too soon.. logs still collecting data** I'll send it soon Dan then i'll PM you the info

• Daniel,

Just thought I'd give you a brief feedback. Since returning from my vacation on May 30th, I haven't experienced the problem anymore. The longest I went without computer restarts, it was between last Thursday and yesterday, when the Windows Update made me restart it again (had other restarts for other things, none BD related). Not sure what happened, maybe the problem got somehow fixed through an update, because I didn't do anything at all.

I am keeping a close eye on it though and I'll let you know if it resurfaces.

• Hey Andrei,

Glad to see the issue is resolved. For the time being we'll keep the ticket closed, if the issue still occur or any other queries you may have with BitDefender, simply reply to my last email to re-open the case. Keep in mind that BitDefender is updating itself several times a day with new virus definitions or issues that were reported and resolved. Most of the issues are resolved with a silent update, no further actions being required on your end.

Best regards,

• Unfortunately, the issue returned just now.

I am sending you the link to the vsserv log via e-mail.

• Hi Andrei,

Got your email and the attached log file. You will have my answer via email in the shortest time possible.

Regards,

• Care to share the solution to this problem with the rest of us

I have been dealing with this vsserv error on three builds for over a year now with no resolution.

The process is always crashed. Constantly needs rebooting because we canèt shut down the process.

Please post publicly the solution to this problem. If not please forward the solution to me via email.

Thanks

quote name='Aurelian Neagu' date='Jan 29 2010, 05:28 AM' post='75871']

Hello Subaru,

Regarding your request, we have sent you an e-mail with some steps you can take when this issue occurs.

Please reply back to our e-mail if you have any other question.

Thank you.

• Hello :)

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=130&id=42

Take care.

• Thanks for the reply.

That would be great if it fixed ALL of BDTS's problems.

I will take advantage of this for the computers that will run the newer software.

Unfortunately, not all of the three licensed computers will run the 2012 version.

Earlier in this forum you mentioned a fix to "stop and then restart" the vsserv service.

Please let me know how I can get the product that I bought to work on the computers that I can not run the newer software on.

Thanks for your help and the solution to the problem I've had beginning the week after I bought this software.

Mark

PM me with the solution pls.

Hello :)

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=130&id=42

Take care.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.