Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Spam Mail By Title

Options

I am still using Version 8 of Bit Defender, with a plan to upgrade to v10 sometime next month. In recent weeks, I have received occasionally, spam mails.

Thankfully, my ISP mail server can recognize some mails with the title ***SPAM*** prefix.

The question is now, is that is it possible to have the spam filter to recognize that prefix and move them into a folder like 'Junk Mail' or 'Deleted Items'? So far I understand that we can filter SPAM by e-mail address or by domain name.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Melvin

If you wanted to move the mails that already have spam in the subject you have to create a rule in your mail program. But BitDefender antispam filter will also move most of these mails automatically.

You are correct by first marking some mails as spam and afterwards making a rule for blocking a domain or add an address BitDefender will move the mails to the spam/junk folder.

Regards

Niels

• Hello Melvin

If you wanted to move the mails that already have spam in the subject you have to create a rule in your mail program. But BitDefender antispam filter will also move most of these mails automatically.

You are correct by first marking some mails as spam and afterwards making a rule for blocking a domain or add an address BitDefender will move the mails to the spam/junk folder.

Regards

Niels

Hi there,

Thanks for the word. But is it possible to impose a rule in Outlook to place the spam mails by looking at this ***SPAM*** prefix at the first moment's notice? I mean this because spam mails can come from various domains, but the one thing in common is that prefix.

• Niels
    Options

Hello Melvin

That is possible but normally the default spam filter will move these mails also. Go to tools,rules and warnings,new rule,let the option selected but choose move messages that contain certain words in subject press next let also the first option selected but press on the hyperlink,now you will find in the lower screen a screen where you can enter and press on add ok now you have to press on name of folder select the folder you want to use press on ok now press on finish. You can also block domains easy in BitDefender antispam by pressing on spammers select domain name and add the domain as follow: *@spam.la and press on add icon.

Regards

Niels