Bitdefender Support

I sent an email to bitdifender about a problem I have been having to over a year installing BD on a PC about two weeks ago. I get absolutley no response what so ever. Does anyone work there anymore? Why can't I get any help?

I supplied my license key numbers, name, email address, and phone number. Nothing - Nothing - Nothing!

Irvin

Comments

• Email support has been discontinued for a few months(or more. I'm not sure).

Upon checking with our support department, I've found that your last ticket was opened sometime in 2008.

Please See http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/contact/ for a contact form.

You may check our support page for more information on contacting our support department.

Have a nice day!

• Email support has been discontinued for a few months(or more. I'm not sure).

Upon checking with our support department, I've found that your last ticket was opened sometime in 2008.

Please See http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/contact/ for a contact form.

You may check our support page for more information on contacting our support department.

Have a nice day!

I did that and I do not get any response at all.

Irvin

• Hello Irvin,

Could you please fill in the form within this link http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/contactEmail with a detailed description of your issue, the operating system and the BitDefender product that you are using? You may also leave here the same information and we'll try to respond as soon as possible. Thank you

• Hello Irvin,

Could you please fill in the form within this link http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/contactEmail with a detailed description of your issue, the operating system and the BitDefender product that you are using? You may also leave here the same information and we'll try to respond as soon as possible. Thank you

I have a laptop with Vista OS and can not load Bitdefender total security 2009 so it will work. When I had BDTS 2008 on the PC it ran ok but since I loaded 2009 nothing. I forgot what issue I was having that support team wanted me to load 2009. I can supply license keys or whatever other info you need.

Irvin

• BitDefender Support !!!!!!!! WHAT SUPPORT ????? IT DOES NOT EXIST.

I posted my query THREE times on their online Email system and as at the 6 Feb.2010 have had NOTHING back. I sent an Email to their old SUPORT address - THEY came back and referred me to their wonderful NEW system, - THE ONLINE EMAIL !!! Which does not work or nobody cares to read it.

I posted the same problem on the BitDefender 2009 Products Forum on 2 Feb. 49 views and NO replies.

Not being religious, I cannot ask for God`s help, so I am left trying to poke some life out of this Forum or the extremely conscientious carers of the BitDefender secret society.

At the risk of somebody actually responding to my question, you can look at my post or here is a copy of the main question below :-

=====

Posted on: Feb 2 2010, 01:46 AM

John Bull

Group: Members

Member No.: 31,072

I have only had BitDefender Free Edition 2009 for a few days and it looks good - I like it.

Question 1

Would anybody please tell me why my registration is VALID but has a limit of only 26 days and is reducing each day ?

I have done everything I am aware of but cannot get this period to show ONE YEAR as I was given to expect when I installed the program.

Re-registering every 26 days is unacceptable. To do this 14 times each year is too much to expect.

======

And so far, nobody gives a hoot so my BD validity is shrinking fast each day until it finally goes PLOP ! and I dump the system and use one just as efficient but VERY MUCH more customer caring.

Hoping to hear something this time. If not, then I`ll stop wasting my time and dump it all out of my computer.

John Bull

• Hello John Bull,

We are sorry for the late reply.

Please provide me by PM your license key to see exactly what's wrong.

Thank you.

• Hello to all,

First post on this forum. This particular thread is very relevant to what i've been dealing with myself the past few days. My auto updates quit working and a manual update was also unsuccessfull. The next day my virus scanning gave the fail to execute error message. I followed the knowdege base instructions to no avail and took the next step of contacting online support(email) with no response forthcoming. Yesterday i uninstalled BitDefender (internet Security-2009) and reinstalled it. I now have what is called the trial version good for 30 days. I bought a 2 year subscription that still has about 350 days left. My question is this: Will Bitdefender recognize my existing, active account and my origional Key #, or did i, by uninstalling/reinstalling Bitdender void my subscripton in some way. My reinstallation was successfull and BitDenders is up and running like it should be. I have used Bitdender for 3 years and have been very pleased with it, i feel it is an effective program. That being said it would be nice to have some confirmation on the status of my subscription.

mtscott

• Hello John Bull,

Your problem has been resolved. Please read your original topic, here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=18065

Cris.

• Hello mtscott,

There aren't any problems with reinstalling BitDefender. Just register it with the key that you already have, and activate it using the same MyAccount details and the previous registration period should be restored on your system.

Cris.

• john bull
    edited February 2010

Dear readers and especially the kind person who has corrected my account and cured the problem I have had to be so blunt about.

As of 17.32 UK time, 9 Feb. the period shown on my account is now 380 days instead of the ever-reducing 26.

I apologise profoundly to all concerned for expressing my total frustration at the situation in which I was placed by not having my simple question answered without resorting to such seemingly rude behaviour.

But my being ignored for so long just was too much to bear whilst watching the 26 day limit bar shrink daily.

I am impressed with the BitDefender performance and will now re-install it and see how we go.

Again to all concerned, especially the BitDefender staff and the person who actually helped me - my sincere thank you.

John Bull