Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Choosing A Product For Trial Period

Options

After completing an online BitDefender scan, I was offered a trial for BitDefender 10. I went to the main website to get more information about the product and the various options. The main site was offering 30-day trials of BitDefender 2008, however. In browsing the forums, I see that 2008 was recently in beta testing. I assume the general release has been issued, but I haven't seen anything confirming that. The forum continues to show posts for a number of bug reports and significant problems with 2008.

I would like to try either Internet Security 2008 or Total Security 2008 to see if it works as a good security solution for my PCs. I am wondering whether instead I should use a BitDefender 10 version. If 2008 is not representative of BitDefender's software because it was released with a lot of problems yet to be fixed, then there doesn't seem to be much point for me to evaluate it at this point. If it's significantly different from BitDefender 10, however, using BD 10 also doesn't give me a good idea of whether the next version will work for me.

Does anyone have some advice about which one I should try for a 30-day evaluation, or whether I should evaluate it now at all? Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello bitboy

There are some bugs in the new 2008 line. You can still try version 10. But you can't buy a licence anymore. Because of the release. If you wanted to see the new features use the trial. But remove first your previous anti-virus.

Regards

Niels

• Thank you, Niels. I assume it's OK to keep anti-spyware programs like Ad-Aware (without realtime monitor), Spybot S&D, and Spyware Blaster?

• Sorry, never mind. I just found your answer on the same subject, after the post by GreatBigMouth. Although apparently I have none of your favorite anti-spyware programs, it appears I can safely keep mine installed, since I think only SpywareBlaster has continuous protection, and even that's not really looking at everything.

• Niels
    Options

Hello bitboy

That where my favourites. The products you mention are also good. spywareblaster is only necessary if you are browsing with Internet Explorer. All the products you mentioned will run together with BitDefender.

Glad that I could assist you.

Regards

Niels