Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Xp Taking Very Long To Shut Down After Installing Bd 2010 Internet Security

Options

Hi

I have Windows XP Pro SP3 on my laptop and found that it was taking AGES to shut down. After uninstalling Bitdefender 2010 Internet Security, the shutdown worked quickly and cleanly. I then installed BD 2010 Internet Security again, and the shutdown problem occurred again.

At the moment, I have no idea what is causing the problem and need help from someone that has knowledge about Windows XP shutdown problems caused by Bidtdefender 2010.

Looking forward to resolving this problem with your help!

Regards

Richard Morris

Comments

• Hello rjmm1962,

Regarding your issue, most probably it is caused by the fact that you may have more programs or applications which start with Windows and because of this, they use much of your RAM memory.

We have sent you an e-mail with some steps you need to take in order to provide us with more information on your issue.

Please follow the steps from the e-mail and reply back.

Thank you.

• Regarding your issue, most probably it is caused by the fact that you may have more programs or applications which start with Windows and because of this, they use much of your RAM memory.

Is that really a likely senario!! Its fine without BD but adding it creates the issue!! Are you saying windows has a tipping point & adding one extra program might take it over that point & slow it right down, REALLY??? :o

• Is that really a likely senario!! Its fine without BD but adding it creates the issue!! Are you saying windows has a tipping point & adding one extra program might take it over that point & slow it right down, REALLY??? :o

Hi SAM234,

I agree with that:

adding one extra program might take it over that point & slow it right down

BD is not the heaviest sec soft, but it is not the lighter, as far as I know. You probably quoted the right answer from Aurelian Neagu. Everything we add will fatten the system.

Tips:

A way to push aside useless programs is the deactivation of programs in MSCONFIG. ( I do not say the suppression but the deactivation of programs you don't feel like to use in the file Services of MSCONFIG )

Reboot the computer and check if what you use is fine.

Sometimes, we do not permanently need every softwares to be active in a session.

And of course a good cleaning job in the registry (with caution)

Good evening!

L.