Bitdefender Not Detecting Only External Harddisks

Although all the options under device detection are checked, BitDefender is not detecting external harddisks when connected. The problem, however is not occurring with pen drives or CD/DVDs. All other features are working fine for the time-being. Please help.

Comments

• Although all the options under device detection are checked, BitDefender is not detecting external harddisks when connected. The problem, however is not occurring with pen drives or CD/DVDs. All other features are working fine for the time-being. Please help.

Hi Tuhin!

Do you have access to your external drives as well?

(I mean to write or copy/paste)

I guess you already tried to unplug/replug tthe external drive to make it appear in explorer?

I guess too you already tried in BD:

User defined tasks

Properties

Paths

Add item

:huh:

If you do not see anything in the BD chosen path but you can see and can have access to your external drive, I really don't understand.

Is your external drives protected against reading?

(I don't think so, but it's worth asking)

Sorry, I can't see further but please, give information on your system, it could be useful for a more qualified helper.

Have a nice day,

L.

• Hi Tuhin!

Do you have access to your external drives as well?

(I mean to write or copy/paste)

I guess you already tried to unplug/replug tthe external drive to make it appear in explorer?

I guess too you already tried in BD:

User defined tasks

Properties

Paths

Add item

:huh:

If you do not see anything in the BD chosen path but you can see and can have access to your external drive, I really don't understand.

Is your external drives protected against reading?

(I don't think so, but it's worth asking)

Sorry, I can't see further but please, give information on your system, it could be useful for a more qualified helper.

Have a nice day,

L.

Lionet,

Thank you for your reply. I have originally written here after having checked all the things you have mentioned above and everything is working fine. Moreover, by saying that BD is not detecting external hdd, I actually meant that when I plug them in, the device detection alert does not pop up. Otherwise I can see my harddisk under User Defined Tasks-->Properties-->Paths-->Add Item. Now this is bugging me a bit because there are some viruses that affect the system during autoplay but BD prevents that from happening with the help of this device detection mechanism.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium Edition with Service Pack 2 (32 bit).

System Memory: 2 GB

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 @ 2.00 GHz

I've had several problems with this software before but after a lot of patience, it has finally boiled down to this one problem which creeped up suddenly one fine morning and I can't get rid of it anyhow. Please help if you can. Thanks

• Somebody please help. No replies as yet. :mellow:

• Somebody please help. No replies as yet. :mellow:

Dear Tuhin

I suggest you to put forward your issue at "http://bitdefender.qcomgroup.com/get_support.php" by clicking on "BitDefender Live Chat Support" option.

Do accordingly as advised in the Chat Session by Bitdefender Technical Support Representative.

Regards

• Problem solved. BD 2010 no longer considers external HDDs as USB storage devices. Hence no pop-ups. ^_^