Is 2010 Causing Many Problems

I bought and installed BD Internet Security 2010 several days ago. I have been using BD for years. However, things are not good with the new product.

1. My purchase is not recognised. I paid for 3PCs for 3 years. I still get warnings that my subscription expires in 27 days.

2. One PC detects phantom hardware and tries to install it every time I boot it up.

3. Another PC has developed serious incompatibility problems with Bitdefender antispam toolbar in Outlook.

4. My 2 PCs and 1 Laptop refuse to recognise each other on the network.

5. I have sent emails to support, but only ever get the response to uninstall and reinstall the product. Specific questions are ignored.

6. I have chatted with two support team members, Kevin and Steven. Kevin was helpful, but I needed to reboot following his instructions. When I reconnected and chatted with Steven, he found it easier to abandon my questions and the session timed out.

I have resent an email and will wait for 2 days. If the response is unsatisfactory or does not eventuate, I will arrange a refund and find a different supplier.

Comments

• I have been reading the threads on this forum relating to the problems people are experiencing with BD IS 2010, hoping to find some solutions.

I have wasted the entire day and I am no further ahead.

Enough is enough. I have better things to do with my time, and my money.

Ten minutes ago I submitted a refund request to BD and will now spend the next few hours researching other security suites for Windows OS.

Hopefully BD will fix their product ... I was VERY happy with the previous version.

But it is all too late for me.

Bye bye.

• It seems you have quite a few problems with your system. Usually these issues appear when you did not remove the previous BitDefender totally from your system. Make sure you use this tool and then reinstall BitDefender.

Thanks.

• It seems you have quite a few problems with your system. Usually these issues appear when you did not remove the previous BitDefender totally from your system. Make sure you use this tool and then reinstall BitDefender.

Thanks.

Hi Norman66

Using the uninstall tool was the first piece of advice I received from BD support, and the first fix I tried. When the problems persisted after the reinstall of 2010, I found my way to these forums looking for advice and help. It was very depressing to read the posts in all the threads. A great many people have encountered a great many problems with the product since its introduction. From what I have read it seems that different operating systems throw up a different set of failings and so there is no one 'fix' that suits us all. Of even more concern is the obvious fact arising from all the posts, that very few contributors have had their issues resolved. I wasted ten hours yesterday looking for a solution and now have no more time available which saddens me because I installed BD on all computers in my small home/office network years ago and have been entirely satisfied with its performance until now. A response time of 48 hours for email enquiries is not good enough. A chat facility seems great, until your operator abandons the keyboard and it times out. I didn't try the phone 'cos there is no contact for my part of the world and others on these threads are critical of it. I tried to restore my system to an earlier time, but of course that was fruitless as I had used the uninstall tool. Even on these forums the response times seem slow to me.

What worries me now is, how soon my refund might be honoured. I paid for 3 years, but in the 'registration' tab, my screen now shows I have only 26 days remaining. My partners and I feel that if you cannot get that part right, there is little hope of a speedy and effective resolution of any other issue ... and there are plenty of those! I am nervously expecting BD to try to tell me that no payment has been made, so no refund is due. Perhaps that is unfair but I have had some unfortunate dealings with a couple of online providers since prior to Christmas and my faith has been dented.

I wish you good luck with it Norman, you are going to need it, je pense.