Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help Please, Adware Virus, I Can't Uninstall It,

Options
2»

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello inSAnitY13x

If superantispyware can't remove it you have to run smitfraudfix also. For the exact instructions see my instructions to balasblue. Run also rogueremover.

Best regards

Niels

• GUYS I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for your help! it was easier than most people might think!

All you have to do is reboot on safe mode, sign into your account and when a window pops up asking if you wish to do a system restore, click YES! I went back 1 week in time to restore everything from there :D I'm so excited!

• Niels
    Options

Hello inSAnitY13x

That isn't really removing the infection. But it can help.

Best regards

Niels

• All I care about is that it's gone :)

• Well, System Restore deletes all exe, dll, sys, ini, and probably several other types of files created after the restore point and restores all deleted files of the same types. Also restores the registry in its previous state, so the infection is removed, if you can go back in time to a point before the infection occurred. You're fortunate to have successfully restored to such a point. To help you avoid future spyware infections, you may want to install Spyware Blaster, you can read more about it and download it here: http://filehippo.com/download_spywareblaster/

:)

• Niels
    Options

Hello bluesprite

I did once a system restore to an earlier date and I was still able to execute a program that normally wasn't installed yet. That is why I don't recommend it by just going back to a previous point.

Best regards

Niels

• That is certainly strange, Niels. It's not how it's supposed to work, if it works properly, that is. I've had that only if the program has been installed on a drive different than C:, on which I've disabled System Restore. In that case the program will remain intact. But even just restoring the registry is enough to deactivate the infection from loading automatically, which then can be removed with the help of a scanner. It's one of the easiest things to try first and it's safe to try, before turning to alternatives. :)

• Hi Niels & bluesprite

Sorry for the delay in getting back, it's a bit hectic here.

I ran SmitFraudFix and have posted the report below.

I'm still getting lots & lots of advertising pop ups. Also I'm still getting these bogus antispyware security windows coming up. One of these popped up while I was here in the forum. I did as you said Niels and did a print screen and pasted it into 'paint' but I can't seem to then copy it here in this post. I was going to paste it here for you to see in the hope it would help you so you could see what it was. Perhaps you would be kind enough to post here the instructions on how to copy it here as InSAnitY13x did with her screen shot. I tried copy & paste, that didn't work I couldn't 'paste'. I tried draggin the picture into this post but then I lost the forum and just had the picture, so I'd appreciate if you could explain how to do it.

I'll check back in a while to see what you say.

Bye the way if we can't sort my computer out by the 15th Oct I'll have to leave it until after we've moved as that is the day we move.

Here's the report below.

Thanks again

Carol

SmitFraudFix v2.232

Scan done at 12:04:52.12, 03/10/2007

Run from C:\Smitfraud\SmitfraudFix

OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT

The filesystem type is NTFS

Fix run in safe mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» SharedTaskScheduler Before SmitFraudFix

!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Killing process

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting infected files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting Temp Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» SharedTaskScheduler After SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

• Niels
    Options

Hello balasblue

The problem here in this section is that I can't see what you have uploaded.

I saw another suspecious entry in your hijackthis logfile :

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{68CDEDDE-1059-4A7E-A9BC-444989ABD99F}: NameServer = 212.139.132.57 212.139.132.56

Did superantispyware found something?

Click on start,run,type msconfig click on ok or press on the enter button of your keyboard. Now click on the startup tab. You have to enter the name of each item that you will find after the checked box. On this website. When you are on that website you have to type the name in the blank field before the search button.You will get information but you have to look at the key ( N or X or ?). If you see the key by one of your startup items you have to uncheck the box on the startup tab of msconfig.

Best regards

Niels

• The addresses in that entry are the DNS servers of Tiscali UK Ltd., which is her ISP, so nothing suspicious there.

Balasblue, could you please create a new logfile with Hijack This and post it so we can see the current state of your registry? When you fixed the entries the last time, did the popups stop for some time before they started appearing again, or they never went away?

• Hi Niels & bluesprite

I have run Hijack This again and below is the results. Thought I'd do this bit first in case it helped you more.

Can you tell me how to get the screen shots from 'paint' to copy or paste in a post here. As I say I was going to show you the rogue antispyware window, but couldn't get it to 'paste' in the forum post page ??. I'd very much appreciate it if you could tell me how to do it.

Thanks

Carol

Scan results.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 19:47:33, on 03/10/2007

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16512)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe

C:\Program Files\KService\KService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ScsiAccess.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\S3trayp.exe

C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE

C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdmcon.exe

C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdagent.exe

C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\OpwareSE2.exe

C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe

C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\AAWTray.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\kdx\KHost.exe

C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

C:\Program Files\SAGEM\SAGEM F@st 800-840\dslmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\IncMail.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\IMApp.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe

C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\vsserv.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.tiscali.co.uk/

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx

O2 - BHO: eBay Toolbar Helper - {22D8E815-4A5E-4DFB-845E-AAB64207F5BD} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll

O3 - Toolbar: eBay Toolbar - {92085AD4-F48A-450D-BD93-B28CC7DF67CE} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [s3Trayp] S3trayp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bDMCon] "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdmcon.exe" /reg

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bDAgent] "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdagent.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE2] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\OpwareSE2.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [adiras] adiras.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eBayToolbar] C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AAWTray] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\AAWTray.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [bgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [smileycons] C:\Program Files\Smileycons\smileycons.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [kdx] C:\WINDOWS\kdx\KHost.exe -all

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

O4 - Global Startup: DSLMON.lnk = C:\Program Files\SAGEM\SAGEM F@st 800-840\dslmon.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe

O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\resources\WebMenuImg.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: &eBay Search - res://C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll

O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/200612...ex/qtplugin.cab

O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://javadl-esd.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jin...ows-i586-jc.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{68CDEDDE-1059-4A7E-A9BC-444989ABD99F}: NameServer = 212.139.132.57 212.139.132.56

O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe

O23 - Service: BitDefender Scan Server (bdss) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe

O23 - Service: KService - Kontiki Inc. - C:\Program Files\KService\KService.exe

O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - SOFTWIN S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe

O23 - Service: ScsiAccess - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ScsiAccess.EXE

O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - SOFTWIN S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\vsserv.exe

O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - Softwin - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

--

End of file - 7719 bytes

• I can't see anything wrong in this log. I checked all the startup items and all of them seem legitimate. Please open Hijack This and click on Open the Misc Tools section. Under System Tools, click Open hosts file manager. Click the Open in Notepad button, then copy the contents and paste them here. Now click the Back button and then click the Open ADS spy button. Click Scan, and if anything comes up, click Save log, then save the file and paste the contents here.

• Niels
    Options

Hello balasblue

I suggest that you make your screenshot and upload it to this website. To do that press on browse now navigate to the folder or location where you stored your screenshot and press on open. You have to wait till the process finishes post the downloadlink.

Best regards

Niels

• Hello bluesprite & Niels

Here's the Hijack This report. Nothing came up when I did the ADS Scan.

I hope I did the screen shot ok, I did as you said, clicked on 'browse' went to the screen shot I saved and clicked on open and then on the green upload button. But I'm a bit confused, sorry. It says attachment space used 820.23K, and the route to the file is in the window next to the browse button, but it also says 'you did not select a file to upload' so I'm not sure what I did wrong. When you say post the downloadlink, I'm not sure what you mean by that? sorry.

Perhaps you could try explaining it again, really sorry, doing my best.

Thanks

Carol

# Copyright © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

• bluesprite
    edited October 2007
    Options

Post the URL (the route) of the file, if you've been given one. Upload it again and give the new one if you don't have the old one anymore. As for the logfile, it's clean, and I really don't know what else to do about your problem. You have some toolbars on your browser, like the eBay and easy web print, I'm wondering if any of them might be the culprit.

• Kkay
    Options

Hi peeps! I have been using most of the suggestions you have been giving re: removing an adware/spyware virus. Very educational so far, thank you. Well here I am posting with a computer that as slow as AOL dial up in 1992 ,cause of the virus that was let in while someone uploaded a game online. Anywho... So far I have downloaded & scanned with:

Superantispyware

Hijack This

Rogue Remover

Ad Ware 2007

Spywareblaster would download but not install, just some noise then nothing.

Also Ad Ware 2007 scanned first time, then I quarentined,then next time tried to scan had this Error message: Exception EInvalid OP in module Ad-Awre2007.exe at 015c293a. Invalid floating point operation. So I uninstalled it & tried to reinstall it. Now it sometimes scans sometimes same error message comes up.

Rogue Remover did remove some stuff in the beg. cause that's the first thing I used.

Superantispyware removed alot of stuff,however,not all spyware/adware cause it still continued. Also I did notice that some of the things it removed would come back after opening browser for any website or search( I do think that my browser has been hijacked & is the source of my problem,but I am not great on the tech stuff, just noticed alot of the same names coming back on the scans)

One important thing I did notice is that after downloading Superantispyware, I also had flash animation pop-ups of anti-spy removal services(1 in particular) that same ad appears everywhere. This animation is the same one that when you go to initially download & one of you(I think Niels)said dont click on the advertisement wait for the real download, well it's that one. I didnt ever click on it,but it follows me everywhere!!

So again, here I am for your help if you would be soooooo kind to let me know what's my next step as I am ready to hurl the computer out the window,it's gotten so carrier pigeon would be quicker.LOL

Here's my Hijack this log

Scan saved at 2:03:41 AM, on 10/10/2007

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16512)

Running processes:

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\aawservice.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\brss01a.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Brmfrmps.exe

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe

C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\readericon45G.exe

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe

C:\Program Files\Verizon\Servicepoint\VerizonServicepoint.exe

C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe

C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\Program Files\Verizon\McciTrayApp.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdmcon.exe

C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdagent.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb05.exe

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon04.exe

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\Program Files\11g USB adapter\Wifiusb.exe

C:\Program Files\BigFix\BigFix.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\HostFileEditor.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Ad-Aware2007.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Ad-Aware2007.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe

C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\vsserv.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear...rch/search.html

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear...//www.yahoo.com

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = https://activate.verizon.net/launch/res1/ht...oo_pc_help.html

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] zHotkey.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [readericon] C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\readericon45G.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAShCut.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VerizonServicepoint.exe] C:\Program Files\Verizon\Servicepoint\VerizonServicepoint.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [indexSearch] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter2.0] C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Verizon_McciTrayApp] C:\Program Files\Verizon\McciTrayApp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bDMCon] C:\PROGRA~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdmcon.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bDAgent] "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdagent.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FLMK08KB] C:\Program Files\Muiltmedia keyboard utility\1.3\MMKEYBD.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb05.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD04] "C:\Program Files\HP Photosmart 11\hphinstall\UniPatch\hphupd04.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon04.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avp] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\win27.tmp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [smgr] mgrs.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [searchIndexer] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dyfxgbeo.dll",sitypnow

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\AOL.EXE" -b

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.0.720.3640\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [zeSetup.exe] C:\DOWNLO~1\ZESETU~1.EXE /r

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet

O4 - Global Startup: 802.11g USB adapter.lnk = C:\Program Files\11g USB adapter\Wifiusb.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AdobeCollabSync.exe

O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\BigFix.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Status Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

O9 - Extra button: ReconnectToolbar - {3625C83A-0065-48B3-A81C-0D21DD0BDFA6} - C:\Program Files\Auction Trust Network\Reconnect\ReconnectToolbar.dll

O9 - Extra button: PokerStars - {3AD14F0C-ED16-4e43-B6D8-661B03F6A1EF} - C:\Program Files\PokerStars\PokerStarsUpdate.exe

O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Bodog Poker - {F47C1DB5-ED21-4dc1-853E-D1495792D4C5} - C:\Program Files\Bodog Poker\BPGame.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=39204

O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll

O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...01/mcinsctl.cab

O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftu...b?1186040307750

O16 - DPF: {E7DBFB6C-113A-47CF-B278-F5C6AF4DE1BD} - http://download.abacast.com/download/files/abasetup162.cab

O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\aawservice.exe

O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe

O23 - Service: BitDefender Scan Server (bdss) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe

O23 - Service: Brother Popup Suspend service for Resource manager (brmfrmps) - Brother Industries, Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Brmfrmps.exe

O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe

O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - SOFTWIN S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPH11 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPHipm11.exe

O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS

O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - SOFTWIN S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\vsserv.exe

O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - SOFTWIN S.R.L - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

--

End of file - 11015 bytes

YEA, thats alot of log,HUH?

Also did try to disable a couple of the things in manage add ons in internet explorer but they always re-enable themselves.As of now I set everything in Internet options Security & such to default,so that you can help me set that correct as well,if you would.

Last but not least is one name that keeps coming back on the scans VUNDO/VARIANT(as of right now I'm not sure if that ones quarentined or gone or what)... just in case that's helpful.

If you can help me on this I would so make you my best friend in the whole world!!! :wub:

• Kkay
    Options

Last thing(Man,do I talk alot?) I have Windows XP service pack2/use yahoo mail/Internet Explorer w/ a Yahoo homepage & toolbar & default google search/Verizon FIOS internet/Bitdefender v10(obvious)

If theres any other unnecessary stuff I could get rid of please let me know. I have deleted some complete programs & files/things but some did not delete everything cause that little scary box sometimes pops up & tells you that if you delete that particular file/folder or program that it might render other programs inoperable or not be able to open other stuff. A good example of this is AOL, I did delete most of it,but some things with AOL on them had that scary box pop up. I dont use AOL or ever intend to have any of there services if I can help it. Thank you again soooo very much. ;)

• bluesprite
    edited October 2007
    Options

Remove these:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avp] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\win27.tmp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [smgr] mgrs.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [zeSetup.exe] C:\DOWNLO~1\ZESETU~1.EXE /r

The first two belong to a malware and the last isn't something you should have starting automatically every time. After you fix the entries in Hijack This, run a search or locate those files and delete them from your hard disk. Purge your System Restore and run all the scans that you did before. You have a lot of startup items, perhaps you have a very fast computer to handle them lol. Also, there's some Symantec leftover, if you don't use a Symantec product anymore (which you shouldn't), run some Symantec Removal Tool. The other thing I saw is, you have installed Ad Aware 2007 in your My Documents folder. It's not a problem, but definitely unpractical and unusual.

Hope you get rid of the problem, and btw, don't you plan to install BitDefender 11?

:)

• Kkay
    Options

Hi, me again. I did read your reply Bluesprite. I didn't get a chance to remove those. Well, what happened is after I posted, I really was taking a look at the Flash animation & some particular adware & spyware install or whatever files that would be quarantined or removed with some of the programs you told me about & then they would come back again as soon as I open my browser. Well, I figured out that the Superantispyware or Rogueremover had spyware/adware in it & maybe even the spywareblaster that would download but never open up.So it would remove the initial infection I had but then install it's own.I think it was the Superantispyware. Well, I removed those programs & downloaded AVG anti spy & anti virus free version & ran them both. Well, those files I mentioned were detected again & I quarantined/removed them & my computer hasn't had a pop up or flash animation anything since.

I did want to tell you & Niels thank you so much for your posts, without them I would have been lost. Not to mention the computer education that I recieved along with it. Thank you again,Kkay

• Niels
    Options

Hello Kkay

Go to start,run,type regedit press enter expand hkey_local_machine open the following folder : software and these subfolders: microsoft,windows,currentversion,run you will find it at the right side of the screen select it and press on the delete button. You will find 3 entries: mgrs.exe,win27.tmp.exe, C:\DOWNLO~1\ZESETU~1.EXE /r

Superantispyware and rogueremover are trustfull products who doesn't have adware included. Or I must misunderstood what you said. Good to hear that what I said helped in some way.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi Everyone... Sorry if I'm butting in but I REALLY need some help form people who know what they are doing... because I sure as anything don't...

I'm getting the same window pop up on 2 PCs and would love to get rid of it once and for all... We have broadband in 2 different places (I've recently moved out of the family home)... So my pc and the family pc have never been linked and seem to be messing up in he same way

What can I do to stop this?

If I need to use Hijack this then you'll need to tell me a reliable download site and how to use it without messing up my pc.. and obviously what else i need to use..

I’ve tried using one suggestion of opening IE>tools>popup blocker.. but i don't seem to have that.. i have tools but no popup blockers.. and the windows updates are done automatically

Can you help me PLEASE! :(:(:(:( Preferably before I go completely do lally tap

Thank you

VEN

• Niels
    Options

Hello Ven_tura

I recommend that you first do this:

Download rogue remover

here

.Start the program press on check for updates,press again of check for updates,when there are update available you can click on download do that. After you have done that when there aren't updates any more you will get informed press on close. After that press on the scan button.

Superantispyware:

Install it after that double click on the shortcut of the program you will see an icon near your system clock that looks like a bug (insect) right click on it and click on check for updates. When you have done that reboot your pc but press several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen. Select safe mode and press enter. Now click on your user account and log-in. After that start superantispyware by doing the same thing as when your performed an update but click now on scan for ... (spywaren,adware,malware) select complete scan and press on next. Let the program remove everything. Reboot your pc as you always do.

Download hijackthis.

Just double click on hijack this and press on do a system scan and save a log file. Copy the entire log file to your next post.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi Niels

thank you for your advise i will definately try what you have suggested however the link you supplied for the 1st program does not appear to work

Ven

• Niels
    Options

Hello Ven_tura

Try this link. Choose one of the download locations.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi thanks for the new link

here is the Hijackthis log file

Scan saved at 03:44:18, on 21/10/2007

Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINNT\NEW\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\services.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\hidserv.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\regsvc.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\MSTask.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\stisvc.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\System32\mspmspsv.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINNT\NEW\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\internat.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =

http://www.google.co.uk/

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}

- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} -

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} -

C:\WINNT\NEW\system32\msdxm.ocx

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program

Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sony Ericsson PC Suite] "C:\Program Files\Sony

Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe"

/startoptions

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spyware Cleaner] "C:\Program Files\Spyware

Cleaner\SpywareCleaner.Exe" /boot

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN

Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MtdAcqu] "C:\Program

Files\Creative\MediaSource5\MtdAcqu.exe" /s

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program

Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe (User 'Default

user')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [^SetupICWDesktop] C:\Program

Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\icwconn1.exe /desktop (User

'Default user')

O4 - Startup: Cyber-shot Viewer Media Check Tool.lnk = C:\Program

Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft

Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:\Program

Files\DAP\Privacy Package\dapcleanerie.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\Program

Files\DAP\dapextie.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\Program

Files\DAP\dapextie2.htm

O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Backgammon -

http://download2.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/at1_x.cab

O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Dominoes -

http://download2.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/dot9_x.cab

O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class)

-

http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupd...rols/en/x86/cli

ent/wuweb_site.cab?1188643760134

O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program

Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) -

VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\NEW\System32\dmadmin.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision

Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common

Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

--

End of file - 3525 bytes

• Niels
    Options

Hello Ven_tura

I see that spywarecleaner is installed this is a rogue product.

Fix this entry to do that check the box before :

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spyware Cleaner] "C:\Program Files\SpywareCleaner\SpywareCleaner.Exe" /boot and press on fix checked. Now go to start,run,type regedit press enter now expand hkey_current_user,open the follow folder : software and subfolders,microsoft,windows,currentversion,run,you must take a look at the right side and delete the entry called SpywareCleaner.exe by leftclicking on it and press on the delete button.

Now go to start,my computer,double click on the icon of your hard disc open the folder program files when you have done that Delete the spywarecleaner folder. Go back to the registry (typing regedit by run) now expand hkey_local_machine,software,microsoft,windows,currentversion,app paths,SpywareCleaner.exe If present select it and delete it. Now navigate further to uninstall, Spyware Cleaner If present delete only the Spyware Cleaner entry. After that go back to the key hkey_local_machine but open software and remove also the Spyware Cleaner reference. Now navigate also to these locations and do the same:

system\controlset001\services\eventlog\application\SpywareCleanerService

system\currentcontrolset\services\eventlog\application\SpywareCleanerService

system\controlset001\services\SpywareCleanerService

system\currentcontrolset\services\SpywareCleanerService

You will find them also under hkey_local machine.

It could be that these references are already deleted.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi I have the same screen coming up saying I should download SWS spyware which I'm not going to do.

Could someone have a look at my hijack this log please?

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)

Scan saved at 13:31:07, on 21/10/2007

Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)

Running processes:

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe

C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe

C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe

C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe

C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Users\Rich T\Desktop\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OsdMaestro] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CCUTRAYICON] FactoryMode

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] c:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

O16 - DPF: {20A60F0D-9AFA-4515-A0FD-83BD84642501} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab56986.cab

O16 - DPF: {5C051655-FCD5-4969-9182-770EA5AA5565} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Solit...wn.cab56986.cab

O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/EN-GB/a-UNO1/GAME_UNO1.cab

O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe...nt.cab56907.cab

O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgwlntf - C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\avgwlntf.dll

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\Windows\system32\browseui.dll

O23 - Service: Intel® Alert Service (AlertService) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\CCU\AlertService.exe

O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe

O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe

O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe

O23 - Service: AVG7 Resident Shield Service (AvgCoreSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgrssvc.exe

O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe

O23 - Service: DQLWinService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\IntelDH\NMS\AdpPlugins\DQLWinService.exe

O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: Intel DH Service (IntelDHSvcConf) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Tools\IntelDHSvcConf.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Software Services Manager (ISSM) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin\ISSM.exe

O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Viiv Media Server (M1 Server) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin\mediaserver.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Application Tracker (MCLServiceATL) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\MCLServiceATL.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Remoting Service (Remote UI Service) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\Remote UI Service.exe

O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe

O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - c:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

--

End of file - 9654 bytes

• Niels
    Options

Hello Manimal

I recommend that you first download the stable version of hijack this. You will find the download link on the reply I gave to ven_tura.

These entries you may already check the box and press on fix checked:

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

Start Internet Explorer.

Go to tools,Pop-up Blocker,Pop-up Blocker Settings,select remove everything.

Best regards

Niels

• thank you Niels

i think that has worked but only time will tell... i may post back in the next few days with another Hijack this log from a different pc would i would apprieciate the help with that one :)

• Niels
    Options

Hello Ven_tura

You can install some additional software so you wouldn't get infected soon. What you always must do is using windows update.

Spywareblaster

This tool blocks unwanted active x files. Most of the infections are due malicious websites that install these active x files.

If you don't want to get on malicious sites you can download this also.

Best regards

Niels

• Thanks again Niels.. it looks like that pc will be ok for a while but i'm not sure about this one .. i've followed the same steps here's the Hijackthis log anything i need to worry about on here

Scan saved at 9:55:32 PM, on 10/26/2007

Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe

C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe

c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe

c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe

C:\WINNT\System32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe

C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\mspmspsv.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINNT\SOUNDMAN.EXE

C:\WINNT\System32\TrayIcon.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe

c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\internat.exe

C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON SMART PANEL for Scanner\espmain.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = www.google.co.uk

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.7164\swg.dll

O2 - BHO: MSVPS System - {C4F4DBBD-4A4C-4B40-97DA-2FE06DBB2901} - C:\WINNT\bndsrwgo.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx

O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

O3 - Toolbar: The netadv - {F17B1418-2C0C-4295-BD55-BCDD3C730FBE} - C:\DOCUME~1\home\LOCALS~1\Temp\ac8zt2\netadv.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [soundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DisplayTrayIcon] C:\WINNT\System32\TrayIcon.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spywareBot] "C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe" -boot

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [^SetupICWDesktop] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\icwconn1.exe /desktop (User 'Default user')

O4 - Global Startup: EPSON SMART PANEL for Scanner.lnk = C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON SMART PANEL for Scanner\espmain.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O16 - DPF: {05CA9FB0-3E3E-4B36-BF41-0E3A5CAA8CD8} (Office Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=58813

O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...01/mcinsctl.cab

O16 - DPF: {54BE6B6F-3056-470B-97E1-BB92E051B6C4} (DeviceEnum Class) - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/instal...nosticsxp2k.cab

O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/28b489cfad3c51...ip/RdxIE601.cab

O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo...otoUploader.cab

O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupd...b?1190815337031

O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/...ro.cab56649.cab

O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...,26/mcgdmgr.cab

O16 - DPF: {D54160C3-DB7B-4534-9B65-190EE4A9C7F7} (SproutLauncherCtrl Class) - http://www.gamehouse.com/realarcade-webgam...outLauncher.cab

O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://www.gamehouse.com/realarcade-webgam...opcaploader.cab

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINNT\system32\hadjajr.ini

O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

O21 - SSODL: msvb - {9D1D6453-77C1-4C09-AED8-241DB488E3A2} - C:\WINNT\msvb.dll (file missing)

O21 - SSODL: sysdx - {EF437D33-FF2E-4FBD-9E93-FD89F8C5250A} - C:\WINNT\sysdx.dll (file missing)

O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe

O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe

O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe

O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINNT\System32\nvsvc32.exe

--

End of file - 9262 bytes

• Niels
    Options

Hello Ven_tura

Sorry for the delay.

Fix these entries:

O2 - BHO: MSVPS System - {C4F4DBBD-4A4C-4B40-97DA-2FE06DBB2901} - C:\WINNT\bndsrwgo.dll

O3 - Toolbar: The netadv - {F17B1418-2C0C-4295-BD55-BCDD3C730FBE} - C:\DOCUME~1\home\LOCALS~1\Temp\ac8zt2\netadv.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spywareBot] "C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe" -boot

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINNT\system32\hadjajr.ini

O21 - SSODL: msvb - {9D1D6453-77C1-4C09-AED8-241DB488E3A2} - C:\WINNT\msvb.dll (file missing)

O21 - SSODL: sysdx - {EF437D33-FF2E-4FBD-9E93-FD89F8C5250A} - C:\WINNT\sysdx.dll (file missing)

Best regards

Niels

• I have read through the posts you guys have supplied as I am having the same problems. As soon as I log on to the internet i begin getting pop ups. I have downloaded the Hijack This software and am downloading the rogueremover software as we speak...if you guys would look over the Hijack report i would appreciate it...i havent got a clue about this stuff. Really appreciate you help...thanks so much

JD

mtfireguyjd@aol.com

Scan saved at 12:46:19 PM, on 11/30/2007

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16544)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM\Binn\sqlservr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe

C:\Program Files\ADDED PROGRAMS\PrfldSvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe

C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe

C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe

C:\Program Files\ADDED PROGRAMS\Winamp\winampa.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe

C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe

C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\NetWaiting.exe

C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe

C:\Program Files\Netscape ISP Dialer\LiteDialer.exe

C:\Program Files\Netscape ISP Dialer\aoltpsdL.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE

C:\Documents and Settings\Hoosurcowboy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CFRCX55G\Windows-KB890830-V1.35[1].exe

c:\2d774feb4682b8515600c1d901ea\mrtstub.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MRT.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

c:\program files\winamp toolbar\WinampTbServer.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel=us&ibd=0070924

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://gacc.nifc.gov/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...//www.yahoo.com

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...rch/search.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...//www.yahoo.com

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel=us&ibd=0070924

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1:11535

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost;127.0.0.1:11535;update.microsoft.com;*windowsupdate.microsoft.com;*win

owsupdate.com;download.microsoft.com;codecs.microsoft.com;activex.microsoft.com;

iveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com;liveupdate.symantec.com;service1.symantec.com;*

nai.com;*.networkassociates.com;*mcafee.com;*.mapquest.com;*.phobos.apple.com;up

ate.adobe.com;admin.isp.netscape.com

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Winamp Toolbar BHO - {25CEE8EC-5730-41bc-8B58-22DDC8AB8C20} - C:\Program Files\Winamp Toolbar\winamptb.dll

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll

O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.1.615.5858\swg.dll

O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Winamp Toolbar - {EBF2BA02-9094-4c5a-858B-BB198F3D8DE2} - C:\Program Files\Winamp Toolbar\winamptb.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\ADDED PROGRAMS\Winamp\winampa.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ModemOnHold] C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\NetWaiting.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: Windows Desktop Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Winamp Toolbar Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Winamp Toolbar\ieToolbar\resources\en-US\local\search.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll

O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204

O16 - DPF: {193C772A-87BE-4B19-A7BB-445B226FE9A1} (ewidoOnlineScan Control) - http://downloads.ewido.net/ewidoOnlineScan.cab

O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll

O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1005.cab

O16 - DPF: {54BE6B6F-3056-470B-97E1-BB92E051B6C4} (DeviceEnum Class) - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/instal...nosticsxp2k.cab

O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/...lscbase4009.cab

O16 - DPF: {6F15128C-E66A-490C-B848-5000B5ABEEAC} (HP Download Manager) - https://h20436.www2.hp.com/ediags/dex/secure/HPDEXAXO.cab

O16 - DPF: {CF40ACC5-E1BB-4AFF-AC72-04C2F616BCA7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/nos/gp.cab

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab

O16 - DPF: {DF1C8E21-4045-4D67-B528-335F1A4F0DE9} - http://us2-scripts.dlv4.com/binaries/egacc..._1073_em_XP.cab

O16 - DPF: {FF1CD9A3-00CD-45C1-8182-4EEC229A182D} (Plaxo Auto-Import Utility) - http://www.plaxo.com/activex/plx_upldr-2k-xp.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4661F9C9-B569-4EC3-A81C-C7E8E9EAFE1A}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145

O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe

O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe

O23 - Service: Private Folder Service (prfldsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\ADDED PROGRAMS\PrfldSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--

End of file - 11408 bytes

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited December 2007
    Options

Hello mtfireguy,

The only thing suspicious that I could find in your log is this:

O16 - DPF: {DF1C8E21-4045-4D67-B528-335F1A4F0DE9} - http://us2-scripts.dlv4.com/binaries/egacc..._1073_em_XP.cab

But there aer two processes running that are extremely suspicious (and I think, 98%, they're infections):

C:\Documents and Settings\Hoosurcowboy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CFRCX55G\Windows-KB890830-V1.35[1].exe

c:\2d774feb4682b8515600c1d901ea\mrtstub.exe

Please find these files, put them in a ZIP archive protected by the password infected and upload them into your next post.

After you upload them, remove the folder c:\2d774feb4682b8515600c1d901ea\ (with everything it contains) and the file C:\Documents and Settings\Hoosurcowboy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CFRCX55G\Windows-KB890830-V1.35[1].exe

These files might be hidden. So do this:

- Open Explorer

- Click Tools -> Folder Options... -> View

- Search for the option Show hidden files and folders and check it and for the option Hide system protected files and disable it.

- Click Apply

After that, restart your PC and post a new HijackThis! log.

Cris.

• Guy,

having a bit of a nightmare here...... And Need your HELP!!!!!

I have some sort of adware virus, causing lots of unwanted pop ups, I have seen you have helped other in the same position, so I'm asking for help.....

now i'm a bit of a novice, but I can follow instructions, so here's my problem....

I get unwanted pop ups all the time, advertising products, from phone to flowers to dating site & including some ****!!!!!

I tried to follow some of your instructions in earlier posts, but i'm struggling.....

I downloaded hijackthis & have don e log file...

Here it is.....

Scan saved at 14:22:27, on 06/12/2007

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe

c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe

c:\APPS\Powercinema\Kernel\TV\CLCapSvc.exe

c:\APPS\Powercinema\Kernel\CLML_NTService\CLMLServer.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

C:\Program Files\Sonic\DigitalMedia LE v7\MyDVD LE\USBDeviceService.exe

c:\APPS\Powercinema\Kernel\TV\CLSched.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\sm56hlpr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\GOTOSO~1\VADERE~1\Vaderetro_oe.exe

C:\Program Files\Sonic\DigitalMedia LE v7\MyDVD LE\DetectorApp.exe

C:\APPS\Powercinema\PCMService.exe

C:\apps\ABoard\ABoard.exe

C:\apps\ABoard\AOSD.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9CE.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe

C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\QuickCam10.exe

C:\APPS\SMP\SmpSys.exe

C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe

C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe

C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\COCIManager.exe

C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://format.packardbell.com/cgi-bin/redi...&key=SEARCH

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.msn.co.uk/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = file://C:\APPS\IE\offline\uk.htm

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Packard Bell

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.0\NppBho.dll

O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - c:\apps\skype\phone\IEPlugin\SKYPEI~1.DLL

O2 - BHO: BitComet ClickCapture - {39F7E362-828A-4B5A-BCAF-5B79BFDFEA60} - C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll

O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.0\UIBHO.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sMSERIAL] sm56hlpr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [skyTel] SkyTel.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Vade Retro Outlook Express] "C:\PROGRA~1\GOTOSO~1\VADERE~1\Vaderetro_oe.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DetectorApp] C:\Program Files\Sonic\DigitalMedia LE v7\MyDVD LE\DetectorApp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "c:\APPS\Powercinema\PCMService.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ACTIVBOARD] c:\apps\ABoard\ABoard.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus Photo RX420 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9CE.EXE /P31 "EPSON Stylus Photo RX420 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus Photo RX420"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechCommunicationsManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechQuickCamRibbon] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\QuickCam10.exe" /hide

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [smpcSys] C:\APPS\SMP\SmpSys.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [bitTorrent] "C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe" --force_start_minimized

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download all links using BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddAllLink.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download all videos using BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddVideo.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download link using &BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddLink.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - c:\apps\skype\phone\IEPlugin\SKYPEI~1.DLL

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=file://C:\APPS\IE\offline\uk.htm

O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204

O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...bin/AvSniff.cab

O16 - DPF: {3B5E9B23-7537-4601-A9E8-FA0D956DEA16} (csauie1 Control) - http://www.couponreport.net/ftp/v3123/csauie1.cab

O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab

O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab

O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftu...b?1190734378828

O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL

O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe

O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: CyberLink Background Capture Service (CBCS) (CLCapSvc) - Unknown owner - c:\APPS\Powercinema\Kernel\TV\CLCapSvc.exe

O23 - Service: CyberLink Task Scheduler (CTS) (CLSched) - Unknown owner - c:\APPS\Powercinema\Kernel\TV\CLSched.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe

O23 - Service: CyberLink Media Library Service - Cyberlink - c:\APPS\Powercinema\Kernel\CLML_NTService\CLMLServer.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Logitech Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe

O23 - Service: LVSrvLauncher - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\SrvLnch\SrvLnch.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

O23 - Service: USBDeviceService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sonic\DigitalMedia LE v7\MyDVD LE\USBDeviceService.exe

--

End of file - 12780 bytes

I have also added SUPERantispyware & spyware blaster......

Please help me......

• Hello, I took a look at your log but couldn't find anything bad. Maybe because it's 1:20 AM, but anyway, while waiting for someone else to check your log as well, I can suggest a program I've been using lately which proves to be very good at blocking and disabling malware, even when you install it on an infected system. Download it here: http://www.threatfire.com/files/tfinstall.exe . Install it and it will detect any process with malicious or suspicious behaviour. When asked, choose to delete or quarantine the detected files. Post again to tell us how did it go.

• Hey CRIS,

THANKS SO MUCH MAN for lookin at my stuff...i tried to find the files but they dont seem to be on my computer...i opened up hidden files where they should be and the folders werent there. I ran another report after i ran my virus scan and my spyblaster and here it is...maybe it will make more sense or you can show me what i did wrong

JD

Scan saved at 9:28:34 AM, on 12/7/2007

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe

C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe

C:\Program Files\ADDED PROGRAMS\Winamp\winampa.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

C:\Program Files\IOGEAR\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe

C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe

C:\Program Files\IOGEAR\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM\Binn\sqlservr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe

C:\Program Files\ADDED PROGRAMS\PrfldSvc.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe

C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel=us&ibd=0070924

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://gacc.nifc.gov/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...rch/search.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel=us&ibd=0070924

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Winamp Toolbar BHO - {25CEE8EC-5730-41bc-8B58-22DDC8AB8C20} - C:\Program Files\Winamp Toolbar\winamptb.dll

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll

O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.1.615.5858\swg.dll

O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Winamp Toolbar - {EBF2BA02-9094-4c5a-858B-BB198F3D8DE2} - C:\Program Files\Winamp Toolbar\winamptb.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\ADDED PROGRAMS\Winamp\winampa.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [instant Access] C:\WINDOWS\system32\nsinet.exe /res

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Winamp Toolbar Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Winamp Toolbar\ieToolbar\resources\en-US\local\search.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Send to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\IOGEAR\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O16 - DPF: {193C772A-87BE-4B19-A7BB-445B226FE9A1} (ewidoOnlineScan Control) - http://downloads.ewido.net/ewidoOnlineScan.cab

O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1005.cab

O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/...lscbase4009.cab

O16 - DPF: {6F15128C-E66A-490C-B848-5000B5ABEEAC} (HP Download Manager) - https://h20436.www2.hp.com/ediags/dex/secure/HPDEXAXO.cab

O16 - DPF: {CF40ACC5-E1BB-4AFF-AC72-04C2F616BCA7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/nos/gp.cab

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab

O16 - DPF: {FF1CD9A3-00CD-45C1-8182-4EEC229A182D} (Plaxo Auto-Import Utility) - http://www.plaxo.com/activex/plx_upldr-2k-xp.cab

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\IOGEAR\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe

O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe

O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe

O23 - Service: Private Folder Service (prfldsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\ADDED PROGRAMS\PrfldSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--

End of file - 10531 bytes

• Hi! My first post here, so I hope I do this right! I have the same problem as all the other users in this thread. I will post my hijack-log and I would appreciate if you could take a look and see if you can help.

Scan saved at 18:42:10, on 09.12.2007

Running processes:

C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\Programfiler\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

C:\Programfiler\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth-programvare\bin\btwdins.exe

C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

C:\Programfiler\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Programfiler\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe

C:\Programfiler\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

C:\Programfiler\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

C:\Programfiler\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe

C:\Programfiler\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe

C:\Programfiler\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

C:\Programfiler\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth-programvare\BTTray.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\WIDCOMM\BLUETO~1\BTSTAC~1.EXE

C:\Programfiler\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe

C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe

C:\Programfiler\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\Programfiler\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe

C:\Programfiler\eMule\emule.exe

C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

C:\Programfiler\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Programfiler\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe

C:\Programfiler\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.finderg.com

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koblinger

O2 - BHO: Koblingshjelpeprogram for Adobe PDF Reader - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O3 - Toolbar: HP-visning - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\Programfiler\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Programfiler\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] C:\Programfiler\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPLpr] C:\Programfiler\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPEnh] C:\Programfiler\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Programfiler\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Programfiler\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /Start

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Programfiler\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LSBWatcher] c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Programfiler\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Programfiler\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Programfiler\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [userFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Programfiler\Winamp\wianmpa.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Programfiler\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [fhoyomt] c:\windows\system32\fhoyomt.exe fhoyomt

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Programfiler\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_9

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HijackThis startup scan] C:\Programfiler\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe /startupscan

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOKAL TJENESTE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOKAL TJENESTE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETTVERKSTJENESTE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-2933604105-1953609872-583326203-1006\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'Miriam')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')

O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: AutoTBar.exe (User 'Default user')

O4 - Startup: PartMetBackup.lnk = C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\javaw.exe

O4 - Global Startup: BTTray.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Programfiler\Hp\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Programfiler\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=NB_NO&c=Q305&bd=pavilion&pf=laptop

O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w2/pr02/resources/MSNPUpld.cab

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Programfiler\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Programfiler\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth-programvare\bin\btwdins.exe

O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Programfiler\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe

O23 - Service: iPod-tjeneste (iPod Service) - Apple Inc. - C:\Programfiler\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Unknown owner - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

--

End of file - 7663 bytes

Thanks! Liam

• alexcrist
    Options

@jonnym9:

Do you know the file C:\APPS\IE\offline\uk.htm? If you don't, fix the following lines:

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Ma in,Default_Page_URL = file://C:\APPS\IE\offline\uk.htm
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=file://C:\APPS\ IE\offline\uk.htm

@mtfireguy and Liam: as soon as I can, I'll take a look at your logs.

Cris.

• alexcrist
    Options

@mtfireguy:

Your log looks clean. The only thing that might be a malware is:

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18- 009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

But this also might be the legit Google Toolbar. So if you use this toolbar, don't fix this line.

Cris.

• alexcrist
    Options

@Liam:

The following application seems very suspiciuos:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [fhoyomt] c:\windows\system32\f hoyomt.exe fhoyomt

Searching on Google for it revealed only 3 results (one on this thread, the other 2 on some French forum, also related to a similar problem).

If you don't know this application, fix the above line. The rest of the log looks clean.

Cris.

• rosap
    Options

Hi Niels

Someone else with the same problems ! Hope you can help me ! Until now have been very naive re computer threats and just recently (very foolishly it now appears with hindsight !) downloaded something called web media player, which I think has now given me the same SWS anti-spyware and ‘pop up’ problems that everyone else here has been getting.

Initally after looking at various web-sites and forums, in an attempt to get rid of it I ran various anti-spy ware programs namely, Ad-Aware 2007, AVG Anti-spyware 7.5, Spybot Search & Destroy, CCleaner and also bought Spyware Doctor 5.5 & Anti-virus as well as their Registry Minder software....all of them found various ‘threats’ and ‘infections’ which they cleared but none solved this problem.

After seeing your forum thread, I have also run Superanti Spyware 4.0 (it found no problems) and Smitfraudfix (found problems and for some reason deleted my windows provided screensaver). I struggled to download Rogue remover so haven’t tried that yet.

After all these – I still have the problem and in addition my boot up and general pc speed is now horribly slow, including internet access, but also access to all my Microsoft office packages, even when IE is not open and they also keep hanging in the middle of me using them. ( I think this maybe an issue of Spyware Doctor??)

I have a Tosh Satellite A100 with windows Vista with Internet Explorer (not sure what version) and have already set all cookies to be blocked but I’m still spontaneously getting new tabs popping up whenever the internet is open and I’m just generally browsing (seem to originate from http: fp.pc-on-internet/? many times I get a message saying that they want to install Adobe Flash. I also use WiFi with Alice (Italy Telecom) (does this mean I’m more vulnerable to issues?)

Finally just for info, based on some of the advice you have given others, I cant find the ‘run’ command in Start, so if I need to do that, can you give me some pointers ?!

Here is my HJT output

Thanks a million !

Scan saved at 11:20:13, on 14/03/2008

Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16609)

Running processes:

C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe

C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe

C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe

C:\Windows\system32\services.exe

C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe

C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe

C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe

C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe

C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe

C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe

C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe

C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe

c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtSrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\TOPI.exe

C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe

C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe

C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Registration\ToshibaRegistration.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe

C:\Users\Tricia\AppData\Local\cdkapwm.exe

C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtMng.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynToshiba.exe

c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosA2dp.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe

c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHid.exe

c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHsp.exe

c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosAVRC.exe

c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\tosOBEX.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtProc.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer fornito da Alice

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.0\NppBho.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.0\UIBHO.dll

O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPwrMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HSON] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\TBS\HSON.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [smoothView] %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00TCrdMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [topi] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\topi.exe -startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Toshiba Registration] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Registration\ToshibaRegistration.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AliceRV_McciTrayApp] C:\Program Files\Alice ti aiuta\McciTrayApp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iSTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [cdkapwm] c:\users\tricia\appdata\local\cdkapwm.exe cdkapwm

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - Startup: Ritaglio schermata e avvio di OneNote 2007.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth Manager.lnk = ?

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&sporta in Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\npjpi160.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\npjpi160.dll

O9 - Extra button: Invia a OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: I&nvia a OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: eBay - {C08CAF1D-C0A3-40D5-9970-06D067EAC017} - http://www.webtip.ch/cgi-bin/toshiba/tracker_url.pl?EN (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: Alice - {9FE4C600-94CD-49E1-B98D-B20AB9547DB0} - http://gw.aliceadsl.it/alice (file missing) (HKCU)

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe

O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe

O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service (TODDSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe

O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Power Saver (TosCoSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe

O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Bluetooth Service - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtSrv.exe

O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

--

End of file - 13294 bytes