Bd/dvd Movies Won't Play After Installation Of Bitdefender

UNABLE TO PLAY BD MOVIE

After installing BitDefender Internet Security 2010, I am unable to play a Blu-Ray movie. The QuickTime Play DVD program starts OK, and displays the word Loading..., but the movie does not play, and the drive activity light does not flash like it normally does.

After uninstalling BitDefender, the movie plays fine. And I've had no other problems with this optical drive.

I tried disabling EVERY service in BitDefender, and this did not help. I had a chat with tech support, but George has no idea how to overcome the problem.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit on an HP Pavilion Elite. Windows Media Center uses Quicktime to play movies. My drive is an LG Model# GBC-H120L

Has anyone else had problems playing or recording a DVD or BD, and if so, how were you able to fix the problem?

Also, what are the chances that BitDefender will fix this problem in a reasonable amount of time?

Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Proptop

Comments

• Hello Proptop,

Have you also tried to disable the Real time protection from the Antivirus module?

If not, please open BitDefender -> go to Settings -> Switch UI to Expert Mode -> go to Antivirus -> uncheck the box next to Real time protection is enabled and then verify if the issue still occurs.

Looking forward to hearing from you.