Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Possible New Malware

Options

Hi,

This file was sent in spam. Sending on. Password 'infected'

File looks suspicious and only flagged by a couple of AV vendors by virusotal.

Sending on so can be added to defs if needed.

Thanks

Jlo

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=583" data-fileid="583" rel="">Software.HSBC.zip

Comments

• Hi,

This file was sent in spam. Sending on. Password 'infected'

File looks suspicious and only flagged by a couple of AV vendors by virusotal.

Sending on so can be added to defs if needed.

Thanks

Jlo

Seems quick work. I rescaned this morning and its now detected. I notice it can't be from this sample as it has not been downloaded yet.

Could I ask does Bitdefender act quickly on samples received by online scanners such as Virus Total as I scan them there first? Or maybe someone else has received the spam and just sent them to samples or support email.

Anyhow I am very pleased of the quick response. Well done Bitdefender!

Kind Regards

Jlo

• Niels
    Options

Hello Jlo

Virustotal sends the undetected samples automatically to the vendors. But not when you checked an option.

You can still send new infections also to virus_submission@bitdefender.com or support@bitdefender.com so that could be also the reason why it's already being detected. If after a few days new infections aren't detected yet send them via mail.

Regards

Niels

• Hello Jlo

Virustotal sends the undetected samples automatically to the vendors. But not when you checked an option.

You can still send new infections also to virus_submission@bitdefender.com or support@bitdefender.com so that could be also the reason why it's already being detected. If after a few days new infections aren't detected yet send them via mail.

Regards

Niels

Ok Thanks.

• Niels
    Options

Hello Jlo

Good to hear that I could helped you. You have also to add them in an password protected archive just as you do here in this forum section.

Regards

Niels