Bitdefender Activation?

Hello,

I keep getting a message from BitDefender to activate my product.

But I already activated it. I went into my email, and i clicked the activation link, and it redirects me to the bitdefender site.

So when I click the site, it automatically activates the product right? If so, then why do i still keep getting the activation reminder?

And how can i check for sure if my product has been activated or not?

Thanks again.

Comments

• Mihaela M.
    edited March 2010

Hello xInfinity,

In order to make sure that your BitDefender product is registered and activated correctly please open BitDefender -> go to Settings from the top right corner and Switch UI to Expert Mode. Go to the Registration module from the left part. You should see your email address, your license key and the number of days until expiration in the Registration information filed.

If you are not seeing your email address there, or it is incorrect please go to Start -> run ( Start -> Search for Windows Vista and 7) and type the command:

"C:\program files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdwizreg.exe" /account

and hit Enter.

In the Registration Wizard select ‘Sign in (previously created account)’ and fill in your email address and your password.

However, if the email address is correct and you are still receiving the pop-up message to activate your account please let us know.

We sent you an e-mail with the steps that you need in order to activate your BitDefender online account.

Thank you for using BitDefender.

• i am still recieving this product activation reminder even after performing these steps.....is is possible to have this email resent to me, or what are my other options.

thank you

• Hello RIZZO,

Your account is now active. You should not receive this message next time you restart the computer.

Thank you.

• Hello RIZZO,

Your account is now active. You should not receive this message next time you restart the computer.

Thank you.

Hello im having a similar problem. i have activated my bitdefender before but i had to renistall i because i did a system restore. however now it wont let me activate it becuase it 'cant connect to the bitdefender servers' but im sure it was activated before. could you please help

• Hello Jordan92,

Please open BitDefender -> go to Settings from the top right corner -> Switch UI to Expert Mode. Go to the Firewall module and uncheck the Firewall is enabled option for 15 minutes. Go to the Registration module and click on Activate product.

Please let us know if you were able to activate BitDefender after following the steps above.

Thank you.

• Hello Jordan92,

Please open BitDefender -> go to Settings from the top right corner -> Switch UI to Expert Mode. Go to the Firewall module and uncheck the Firewall is enabled option for 15 minutes. Go to the Registration module and click on Activate product.

Please let us know if you were able to activate BitDefender after following the steps above.

Thank you.

Hi, This Worked. Thats wierd seems like Bitdefender was not allowing itself to connect to the internet. Never mind, Thankyou so much for your help!

• Hello Jordan92,

In this case please make sure you do not have restrictive settings in the Firewall module. Please go back to Firewall -> Network tab -> select Local/Wireless area connection and set the:

Trust level to Trusted Local

Stealth mode to Remote

Generic to Yes

Thank you.