Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Need Help Please

Options

my o.s. is windows vista ultimate 64 bit i cannot get antiphishing in my explorer toolbar and cannot get antispam in mail. i have uninstalled and reinstalled taking care to remove all before reinstalling. in explorer i have made sure to enable bitdefender antiphishing in tools but still no luck. i really would like some help. thank you

Comments

• Did you get the upgrade you mentioned in your other thread? That is, did your BitDefender update and then ask you to reboot the computer?

• Paul13
    edited September 2007
    Options

Hi San1

Did u get the Antiphishing problem sort out because i have the same problem can't get my Antiphishing to work on the ToolBar either I have 32bit Vista

• Well I'm wondering if any1 reads these post's cos it seems that Antiphishing is not only a problem with use but by others from different countires if u read thier posts. Like u San1 i've spoke on Live ######. and was told it be sorted out quickly then i had an email to download tools from BD so they could see what s up. By the look of it they still have not sorted u out after several days, i'm thinking about ending my BD products.

• Yes, posts are monitored but it's a problem that has to be addressed via a software update, not by replies here on the forum. Antifishing is surely useful, but it's also built-in in Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 2, so I don't think it's such a big deal if the toolbar (which is just a shortcut for enable/disable/options anyway) isn't working for now. It'll be fixed eventually.

• Sorry Blue i disagree if the antiphishing is in a product then it should be working

• It should, but giving up the antivirus because the antiphishing doesn't work at the moment, hardly makes sense.

• It should, but giving up the antivirus because the antiphishing doesn't work at the moment, hardly makes sense.

hello i have downloaded their tools 3 times now taken screenshots and sent them all to them. yes mabe u r right and antiphishing is not such a big thing. but because i have vista i spent a lot of time getting the right program i wanted, bitdefender had it all so i went for it so you see it was disapointing when the mail anti-spam did not work nor antiphishing. i would be happy if they would say it will be fixed in two weeks or so, but it just goes on and on with no sign of a fix.

• Did you get the upgrade you mentioned in your other thread? That is, did your BitDefender update and then ask you to reboot the computer?

yes have downloaded and rebooted no luck still

• Well I'm wondering if any1 reads these post's cos it seems that Antiphishing is not only a problem with use but by others from different countires if u read thier posts. Like u San1 i've spoke on Live ######. and was told it be sorted out quickly then i had an email to download tools from BD so they could see what s up. By the look of it they still have not sorted u out after several days, i'm thinking about ending my BD products.

hi paul13 know how u feel i expect to get what i pay for. On saying that bitdefender is really a top product and i have tried a lot of them that i dont want to give up on it. please if any of the bitdefender team read this let us know what is happening.

• San1, For some reason i don't think any1 knows wot is going on. I have had 3 Live chats & all promised the same thing. I have uninstalled, Cleanup and rebooted 3 times & i still have the same problem + Know i have another 1 it keeps asking me to update which i do and then reboot & then it's tell's me update is reqiured but it's the same update as b4. I have had no end of emails all asking for the same thing but when i had email No.5 i said hang on a min, so i sent & asked "why they needed me to do the same thing for the 5th time,with the same information u asked for on the last 4 times was there something wrong with the others". I get an email back but it had not answered my question just asked for the same information for the 6th time. That was when i called a halt to it all and told them to 4get it. Blue as i said b4 i disagree as there r other products out there.

• San1, For some reason i don't think any1 knows wot is going on. I have had 3 Live chats & all promised the same thing. I have uninstalled, Cleanup and rebooted 3 times & i still have the same problem + Know i have another 1 it keeps asking me to update which i do and then reboot & then it's tell's me update is reqiured but it's the same update as b4. I have had no end of emails all asking for the same thing but when i had email No.5 i said hang on a min, so i sent & asked "why they needed me to do the same thing for the 5th time,with the same information u asked for on the last 4 times was there something wrong with the others". I get an email back but it had not answered my question just asked for the same information for the 6th time. That was when i called a halt to it all and told them to 4get it. Blue as i said b4 i disagree as there r other products out there.

well said paul13 all you have wrote i have been through the same. your right when i e-mail to ask them it is like an automated response same thing everytime. starting to think they are taking the pi**

• I would like to also post that on my desk top and lap top running Vista Premiam Home I do not get the Phishing tool bar either.

You can find it under tools and then toolbars (In internet explorer) and then it appears but when you click on the toolbar (Which is greyed out) settings you get a message saying 'Bitdefender service is unavailable'

I have raised a support ticket.

Think there are a few bugs in Vista product at the moment.

Not to worried about antiphishing as I will use the built in internet explorer version but would be nice to get it fixed.

Cheers

Jlo

• Jlo, Good luke with ur ticket post, let us know how many emails u get asking for the same information. Be just good to know as u can see i had 6, not sure how many San1 had. San1 maybe they think if they ignore it, it will go away.

• bluesprite
    edited September 2007
    Options

I agree guys, I even think they should have waited for another month before releasing the final version. One or two release candidates are normal to have. In your place, I'd have installed the trials and only buy it after I'm sure it'll work ok. I think the best thing you can do is to wait a month or two and then check back to see if bugs have been fixed. I've seen it with many products - they often have issues for a while after the release, until they get one or two serious updates. Even Vista is in the same category. Especially with Vista, and especially with the 64-bit version, there are more problems to be expected for several reasons. One of them is the fact that currently it's still not so popular and I think it couldn't be tested so extensively as the others have been. Not so many beta testers have Vista 64-bit. The other reason is the architecture of Vista 64-bit itself. You've probably noticed that software and driver support for this version of Windows is not as complete as for XP, but in time it will improve.

It is true that there are other products, but neither of them is perfect. Among the integrated solutions BitDefender is one of the best. So I would forgive the shortcomings with the antiphishing and antispam for the time being (expecting that they'll be fixed quickly), if the antivirus does its job.

BTW, This thread should be in another section of the forum, where you can report issues with v. 2008. It may go unnoticed here. I'll just post a link to this thread in the right section.

• Hi All,

Just a little update for u, I had my 7th email now just, again asking for the same information as the other six.

Cheers

Paul

• The IEToolbar.dll file has been updated in one of the latest updates, did if fix your problems with antiphishing?

• It's Him Again,

Blue as to ur last post, yes i now have the A/P up and running and i must addmit it's very good.

Paul