Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bad Or Corrupted Updates In The Future

Options

This time I got lucky and avoided the Saturday morning fiasco as my computer was on standby. Lucky me.

My thoughts on avoiding problematic updates in the future:

Rather than automatically checking for updates every hour, is it wise to extend that period to two or three days? Obviously, you put yourself at risk for new viruses, but if there is a problem with the update itself, you would not be as vulnerable. Perhaps better yet, only manually update, and before you do check the message boards. More work but less risk.

This approach is not just for BD, but any program that is set for automated updates. Any thoughts out there?

Comments

• Think of it like this, how often does this happen and how often is a new virus released. There are thousands of people out there every day trying to break into your computer to either steal finical information or use your computer as part of a bot net to send spam or do other illegal activity. Problems like this just don't happen all the time and there are usually safeguards in place to prevent this, Im sure because of this new safeguards will be established to prevent anything like this again so I'd put my money on leaving hourly updates on. Really whats the point of having an AV program if it can't catch the latest threat?