Rescue Cd Help - Not Working

hi all and thanks for any help. i'm running vista x64 and i was unable to boot after the fakealert fiasco. so i found the rescue cd and burned the image, etc. i am able to get the utility running, but after a minute or so of activity, i come to a blue screen which states, "bd will now proceed to restore the incorrectly quarantined files. at the end, please reboot your computer..." etc., and the computer freezes on this screen. this is the fourth time i've tried to use the cd. on a previous attempt, this blue screen was followed by a blank, black screen w/o cursor. this time, it has frozen on the blue screen and will not proceed.

i did notice along the way that there was a warning along the lines of, "missing sysfs feature. please update the kernels or disable the kernel's CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED option..." and it was spelled "deprecated" (not depreciated, i dunno...)

any ideas? please help. three days now on my netbook is killing me!

Comments

• hi all and thanks for any help. i'm running vista x64 and i was unable to boot after the fakealert fiasco. so i found the rescue cd and burned the image, etc. i am able to get the utility running, but after a minute or so of activity, i come to a blue screen which states, "bd will now proceed to restore the incorrectly quarantined files. at the end, please reboot your computer..." etc., and the computer freezes on this screen. this is the fourth time i've tried to use the cd. on a previous attempt, this blue screen was followed by a blank, black screen w/o cursor. this time, it has frozen on the blue screen and will not proceed.

i did notice along the way that there was a warning along the lines of, "missing sysfs feature. please update the kernels or disable the kernel's CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED option..." and it was spelled "deprecated" (not depreciated, i dunno...)

any ideas? please help. three days now on my netbook is killing me!

I assume that you are using http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB650-en--HOW-TO...-RESCUE-CD.html

Please make a photo or something to that blue screen and post it here or send it to BitDefender.

Thank you.

• I assume that you are using http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB650-en--HOW-TO...-RESCUE-CD.html

Please make a photo or something to that blue screen and post it here or send it to BitDefender.

Thank you.

hi and thanks for the help. yes i am using the cd image for win7/vista/xp. it is the same blue screen as shown on the page here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#650

about half way through the screen shots on that page, there is a blue screen, in four languages, stating what i typed previously...

i have a picture but it's the same as stated above. i can't figure out how to post a pic... sorry... i could email it to you if necessary

• any help here? anyone? here is my blue death screen

post-32623-1269385114_thumb.jpg

• Hello redotter,

When you are receiving the message from this image please hit Enter from your keyboard and let us know what exactly happens.

Thank you.

• Hello redotter,

When you are receiving the message from this image please hit Enter from your keyboard and let us know what exactly happens.

Thank you.

hello and thank you... the program does not respond to any keyboard commands. there is a blinking cursor on the screen, under the letter "O" on the "OK" graphic. after about a minute, the computer stops reading from the dvd drive and is idle. it eventully changes to a completely black screen with no cursor on it after ten or so minutes. i have run the program many times, trying different techniques. pressing return or any other combination of keys has no different results, as does pushing no keys at all on any screen...

again, the only clue i can gather is that the program issues an alert that some kernel needs to be updated or disabled, referring to CONFIG_SYSFY_DEPRECATED. i have no clue what this means...

thanks for the help. this is very upsetting

• Do you have a wireless keyboard?

• Do you have a wireless keyboard?

haha yes i do have a wireless keyboard... i'm guessing i should try a wired kb and let you know.... thanks!

• my rescue cd also freezes....i also see a similar error regarding the updating of the kernels, but my cd freezes at the end of the entire process while "remounting the remaining system files readonly". the cursor stops flashing in 3-5 seconds

i have tried to repair my pc with OS cd...i shows that there all repairs were sucessful, but yet my system does not reboot...i have run the repair atleast 6 times to no avail....

i have waited patiently for directions to repair my laptop for 7 days now...i have tried all steps seen here on your forum to repair my cpu, but so far no luck

your assistance in resolving this matter will be greatly appreciated

• my rescue cd also freezes....i also see a error regarding the updating of the kernels and CONFIG_SYSFY_DEPRECATED missing sysfs feature...(not sure if this an impact or not), but my cd freezes at the end of the entire process while "remounting the remaining system files readonly". the cursor stops flashing in 3-5 seconds

i have tried to repair my pc with OS cd...i shows that there all repairs were sucessful, but yet my system does not reboot...i have run the repair atleast 6 times to no avail....

i have waited patiently for directions to repair my laptop for 7 days now...i have tried all steps seen here on your forum to repair my cpu, but so far no luck

your assistance in resolving this matter will be greatly appreciated

• ironbird
    edited March 2010

ok...after running the repair cd....after checking the reasons for why the errors weren't repaired it said the was a "StartupRepairOffline" error can the resuce cd correct this??

• Hello ironbird,

Please tell us if you managed to use the Rescue CD in order to restore the quarantined files as instructed in this KB article. Please also tell us when exactly are you receiving this error message?

Thank you.

• hi carmen

im guessing my post was little bit confusing. i tried using both the Bitdefender rescue cd (but if freezes somewhere during its operation) and the Windows 7 install/repair cd .

here is a list of errors/potential problems i am seeing, in order of occurance, with the Bitdefender rescue cd.

1)early in the process i saw this message "error regarding the updating of the kernels and CONFIG_SYSFY_DEPRECATED missing sysfs feature" .

2) as the process continues it reaches the point where the cd restores/fixes the quarantined files. the weirdest thing is i see 3-5 attempts (highlighted in red) stating that the quarantine folder cannot be located, yet in very next stage of the repair process it appears to be restoring (fixing) the quarantined files.....i find this confusing

3) the cd freezes when it reaches this line "remounting the remaining system files readonly"

the "StartupRepairOffline" message i spoke about earlier occurs when running the windows 7 install/repair cd, sorry for the confusion that might have caused. was only wondering if the bitdefender rescue cd could fix that....as it appears to be the reason i cannot get cpu to boot up.

hope this helps u understand the problems i am seeing

thanks in advance

• Hello ironbird,

The first is an ignorable error referring to a kernel module, could you send us some screen images with the restoring process attempts? Are you able to change the terminal an get a command prompt, by pressing Alt+F2? Are you able to boot with the Rescue CD from this location http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/...0_3_08_2009.iso ?