Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 Crash

Options

Hello,

My Os is Windows 7 64 bits. I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2010. I installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 2 weeks ago.

But it does not work since this morning.

I uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 with Bitdefender Uninstall Tool and reinstalled it but it does not work!

I have an error:

Error: C: \ Program Files \ BitDefender \ BitDefender 2010 \ bdagent.exe

The application failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.

For more information, see the log of events of applications or use the tool command line sxstrace.exe.

The creation of the activation context failed for "C: \ Program Files \ BitDefender \ BitDefender 2010 \ bdagent.exe.

Error in manifest file or strategy "C: \ Windows \ WinSxS \ manifests \ amd64_microsoft.vc90.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_none_04480933ab2137b1.m

anifest" on line 0. Invalid XML syntax.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

Comments

• Hello roberto78,

Please go to Start -> All programs -> BitDefender 2010 -> Repair or Remove. Click on Next on the new window from the screen and choose the Repair option. Restart the computer when you will be asked to and re-register the BitDefender product.

If the repair function is not working please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Search on the list and remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable.

Then restart the computer and follow the steps from the following Microsoft articles in order to reinstall them:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Thank you.

• Hello roberto78,

Please go to Start -> All programs -> BitDefender 2010 -> Repair or Remove. Click on Next on the new window from the screen and choose the Repair option. Restart the computer when you will be asked to and re-register the BitDefender product.

If the repair function is not working please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Search on the list and remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable.

Then restart the computer and follow the steps from the following Microsoft articles in order to reinstall them:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Thank you.

Hello Carmen Cernev,

The repair function is not working and Remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable and reinstall it change nothing!

I have the same error!

Error: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdagent.exe

The application failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.

For more information, see the log of events of applications or use the tool command line sxstrace.exe.

Error: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\seccenter.exe

Error: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\supporttool.exe

I have a new error:

Log Name: System

Source: Service Control Manager

Date: 31/03/2010 09:48:22

Event ID: 7000

Task Category: None

Level: Standard

Keywords: Classic

User: N / A

Computer:

Description:

The BitDefender Virus Shield service failed to start because of error:

The application failed to start because its configuration side by side is wrong. For more information, see the event log applications or use the tool command line sxstrace.exe.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-03-31T07:48:22.808061600Z" />

<EventRecordID>44093</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="672" ThreadID="676" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Bertrand-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">BitDefender Virus Shield</Data>

<Data Name="param2">%%14001</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

• roberto78
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hello ,

The repair function is not working and Remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable and reinstall it change nothing!

I have the same error!

Error: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdagent.exe

Error: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\seccenter.exe

Error: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\supporttool.exe

Best regards,

Roberto78

• Hello roberto78,

We are very sorry for the late reply to your post. In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Open My Computer/Computer.

2. Browse to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition.

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file.

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish.

5. Go to the desktop and send us in reply to this email the file that was created by the SupportTool.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution.

Thank you.