Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan Vundo Removal

Options

Hi Everyone

Please can someone help, i have a few trojans on m pc that i just cant seem to get rid of. The main culprit is the Vundo trojan and all that BitDefender seems able to do is acknowledge that its detected its presence, it seems unable to disinfect or move/remove it. I have looked at the virus removal tools on the BitDefender site but to my surprise Vundo is not there, very disappointing for my brand new product. The advice given on the BitDefender Virus enclopedia is for me to allow the product to disinfect the trojan, this i will gladly do if the product is capable of doing so.

I also have the FOTOMOTO trojan and once again BitDefender seems unable to do anything but advise its been blocked, over and over again!!

My settings are to disinfect and then quarantine any infected files found but as i have stated, BitDefender is unable to do either. Surely, like most of the other Antivirus sites i have checked, BitDefender can supply an effective removal tool. I have had to resort to downloading some of the web but all seem unable to remove it completely even though they state they have successfully done so, upon reboot they are back with a vengeance!! Please help before i go crazy, thanks

Comments

• Hi,

It cannot remove the infected files because they are locked. What I suggest it to boot into safe mode and delete the files manually.

Press F8 when restarting the computer.

• Niels
    Niels
    edited September 2007
    Options

Hello Will

I've moved this topic to a more appropriate forum section.

I suggest that you do this also in safe mode: go to start,my computer,right click on my computer choose properties,system restore,check the option disable system restore on all stations confirm the message wait till everything is greyed out when that is the case uncheck the option and press on apply and ok. Perform a deep scan.

Regards

Niels