Bitdefender Deleting Files Regardless Of Settings

I just purchased BitDefender and have set the program settings to "First action: Disinfect" - "Second action: Quarantine". When browsing folders in explorer, BitDefender had a false positive and automatically deleted the file. How can I ensure BitDefender does not delete files? And how can I recover deleted files?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hello Josh.D,

To avoid false positive cases you should select from the drop-down menu:Deny access and continue + Quarantine as a second action.

By selecting disinfect,BitDefender will remove only the malware code from compromised files and leave them clean.If the detected file is itself a virus (so not a compromised clean file) then BitDefender will remove it.

Deleted files cannot be restored.

Cristi.

• Hello Josh.D,

To avoid false positive cases you should select from the drop-down menu:Deny access and continue + Quarantine as a second action.

By selecting disinfect,BitDefender will remove only the malware code from compromised files and leave them clean.If the detected file is itself a virus (so not a compromised clean file) then BitDefender will remove it.

Deleted files cannot be restored.

Cristi.

Thank you for the clarification!