Bitdefender Failed To Start

Please help,I have just purchased a 12 months subscription of the 2010 Bitdefender Internet Security.Downloaded and installed fine.When I try to open it to register,a pop up appears that says " The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect.Please see the application event log for more details". I have no idea what this means,please help me.

I am running Windows Vista 32bit on a HP laptop.

Comments

• Mihaela M.
    edited April 2010

Hello Chalks,

In order to solve this issue please follow the steps below:

Please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs. In the list that will be displayed, you should have a couple of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable entries. Please select each one and uninstall them. Then restart the computer.

Please use our uninstall tool which can be downloaded from here in order to uninstall/delete any previous BitDefender related files:

Access the link and when the window with the BitDefender file appears, please choose the Save to disk option. Save the tool on the PC, run it and when the uninstall process will and please restart the computer.

Install BitDefender using the latest installation kit available for download. Please note that you need to download (save) the installation kit prior to running it.

The Internet Security 2010 - 32 bits installation kit can be downloaded from here

Please let us know if the situation is fixed after following the above steps.

Thank you.