Can't Install Bd Internet Security 2010

I had Bit Defender as my virus software about 2 years ago. I recommended it to my father as it is pretty reasonable in price with the covereage for 3 pc's. My pc was to be the one of the 3 pc's. I just tried to install BD for my Dad's email and I got this:

There is a problem with the Windows Installer package.

A program required for this install to complete could not be run.

Contact you support personel or package vendor.

I am using windows xp home.

I removed avg and adware before I installed.

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Hello jerediggy,

Use this link instead to install the program and let us know what happened:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2010_32b.exe

Cristi.

• Good morning.

Unfortunately, I am having the same problem, with another hangup that has been quite frustrating. I use bd total security for myself, on a Vista machine, and have no problems ... however, when attempting to even download bd internet security for my parents, on their Windows XP Home, within a couple of bytes (not minutes, not megabytes, bytes.) the download freezes. Not just on the bd automated download/installer, but with the direct downloads as well. Considering I'm paying that little bit extra for a 10mbps connection, I am quite confident this isn't a connectivity issue. I have tried the direct download on Internet Explorer, FireFox and Opera, all with the same result, so I do not think it is a browser issue either (FireFox, as an example, has been known to slow down considerably with consecutive updates, requiring a clean install to fix).

The PC in question, has all the latest Microsoft updates, service packs, and drivers. I do not have the same issue on my laptop, however, I downloaded and purchased total security, so the issue may either be the PC, or a server issue. I am wondering if I may have better luck with a torrent, and if so, if one could be provided.

Checked before posting. BD Antivirus, BD Internet Security and BD Total Security have the same problems downloading on this PC.