Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender And Remote Desktop Connection

Options

Hello all!

I've been searching everywhere (google) regarding the issue of "Allowing Bitdefender to accept Remote Desktop Connection" Without having to turn the fire wall off, or change the adapter settings for it!

Ok, most of you will say "there are many threads like that," yes, there are, "LIKE" this. However I garauntee you none of them will help you. Dissappointed to say, the End Users who are recieving these problems were able to SOLVE their OWN problems, BUT NEVER BLOODY TELL YOU HOW TO DO IT! It's rediculous, and YES I'm talking about members in this very forum (very disappointed in these kind of people).

Any ways back on topic.

How to make bitdefender accept remote desktop connection via outside connection (online) or LAN.

NOTE: THIS IS ASSUMING YOU ALREADY HAVE PORT FORWARDING DONE ON YOUR ROUTER, AND THE DEFAULT PORT IS BEING USED "3389".

1. Open Bitdefender

2. Goto firewall tab, then click Rules

3. Bottom right corner > Advanced

4. Click to add a new rule (top right corner)

5. Leave everything as default (all options checked) but put a tick for "Any Program" and choose "Allow"

6. The Advanced tab of the rule, leave as default except -

for Local Address untick Port(s) and add "3389" without ""

for Remote Address untick Port(s) and add "1024-65535" without ""

7. Click ok, then scroll to the very bottom of the Advanced Rules Page, making sure that the filter is set as 'any adapter' (found top left).

8. Click the rule you just made (Should be called "Any" and at the bottom).

9. Top right corner theres an arrow to make this rule goto the top of the list, click this.

10. You're done!

Thats all you had to do but no one bothered explaining it.

If you have problems, please shoot, I ran through troubles just to get it working, but I did, and I would like to help others.

Xa0s.

P.S this post was made in 10 minutes so excuse the mistakes.

Comments

• Hello all,

You can find here step by step instructions in order to solve this issue.

Thank you.