Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

123 Hidden Sender In Whitelist

Options

Hello,

I have Bitdefender 2010 running on Windows 7 64bit and since the update which wiped out a lot of my system files I had been noticing some odd network traffic.

I successfully managed to restore Windows 7 after the Trojan.FakeAlert.5 problem but am worried that something got into my system while I was unprotected and trying to restore my files.

I noticed that often after using the internet and closing all internet based applications I still had network traffic of about 280k inbound and 7k outbound for quite sometime. I did not notice really for sometime as it just appeared as if the internet was slow untill I opened up bitdefender and saw traffic in the "settings" tab of the firewall even though no programs i had running were network based.

I ran a full system scan and nothing was detected but i could not see a running process which was using this bandwidth.

I changed the firewall to "Deny All" thinking that it would stop all traffic but i could still see the network being used. I loaded up the white list, as far as i know the only things that should be able to connect when the firewall is set to "Deny All" are on this list.

The first entry on the list worried me:

"123 Hidden Sender"

after looking online this appears to be a mass mailing Spam program and as it is in my whitelist I think this could be the cause of the network usage.

There are also whitelist entries for other applications i have not got installed such as 3D FTP, 20091123, 20100107 and many more.

so now to my questions:

is there anyway of removing entries from the whitelist to see if these are the ones causing my problems?

is there any other way of checking the network traffic as the "Activity" section of the firewall does not display the traffic but the "settings" tab shows me there is incoming and outgoing traffic.

Any other suggestions of how i can check to see if Bitdefender is compromised or missing something?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I'm having the same problem, suspicious items in my whitelist. The virus scans show no viruses, but I did not allow these programs and want them out of my whitelist.

• Mihaela M.
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi loudsilence,

Be informed that the programs listed in the Whitelist were manually analyzed by our team and they are safe. In case you wish to deny one of them please let me know and I will send you further instructions.

Thank you.

• I would like to request the information to remove programs from the firewall whitelist.

Hi loudsilence,

Be informed that the programs listed in the Whitelist were manually analyzed by our team and they are safe. In case you wish to deny one of them please let me know and I will send you further instructions.

Thank you.

• Hi arrgh,

First I want to apologies for my late response. Regarding your request, be informed that you cannot delete the websites from the 'Whitelist' but in case you want to block one of them you will need to set the 'Protection Level' on 'Report' and from 'Advanced Settings' to choose 'Block Port Scans'. When you will open one of them you will be prompted to 'Allow' or to 'Block' it.

Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to post here.

Thank you!