Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Edditing The Vsserv Registry Key Or Service Settings

Options

So somewhere something is denying me access to edit the vsserv service so that i can enable automatic restart when it stops. Does anyone know how to give myself permission to edit the registry key for this services? I've tried running regedit as administrator but that's not enough, there's some other deny set on my system that prevents altering the service.

Comments

• Cristi Raducu
    edited May 2010
    Options

To change the startup type for vsserv you don't need to go into the registry but in Services and set the startup type to manual or disabled for BitDefender Virus Shield.

These actions are allowed only in safe mode.

• To change the startup type for vsserv you don't need to go into the registry but in Services and set the startup type to manual or disabled for BitDefender Virus Shield.

These actions are allowed only in safe mode.

I don't want to change the startup type, i want to change what it does when the service fails. Any thoughts?

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello carterhawk,

You should be able to change those settings from SafeMode, too.

However, should BitDefender services crash, they should be restarted automatically once the BitDefender Crash Handler window is closed.

Cris.

• Cool, I'll give it a try. The crash window isn't poppping up though, but I just restart the service manually and it chugs along for a few more days.