Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problems And Anger At 2010!

Options

Hello, last last year i purchased Bitdefender 2010 to go with my new WIndows 7 machine.

I got it, was very pleased with it. Although when they had the issue about the fake.trojan.5 alert, i was ###### off. and i mean, very annoyed. I swore i would never install this peice of junk software ever again. it had never detected anything, possibly since there wasn othing to detect.

I decided to go agaisnt my word and reinstall this peice of software after been offered one year free since the problems. after i caleld and complained a bit more.

I am now STUCK with another annoying problem stopping BD from working. Somebody needs to be sacked here guys. and im not kidding.

Grey Ball, Not working, some BD services are not responding.

Please log off / reboot.

I usually just exit BD and restart it. that usually works.

Problem is, if i am not as diligent as i was today, then i could easily be attacked by anything while im surfing into the unknown.

I would like a simple answer, short and sweet.

Is this error on our side of the screen or yours? and if its ours, tell us how we can prevent it. if its yours. get your ###### in to gear and help us out!

People rely on BD to support their pc from being attacked and infiltrated. now we have this another anooying problem, i think i might just give up. Offer to sell this peice of crap to a friend or something.

Or atleast a user license.

Please help us, with this service not responding crap. Or some members might just leave. and never return. i dread to think how many havent reinstalled BD after that unholy day where you broke thousands of systems. all because you couldnt BETA test once on a 64bit machine.

Whos fault is this? i thought i was the only one with the issue of the services. obviously not. there are topics upon topics of these errors occuring on peoples pcs. possibly unprotecting them agaisnt the internets threats.

Please, Give us some sort of mass mail or a guide to fix this.

Comments

• Totally agree!

Why the heck does the VSSERV.EXE eat so much memory?

When the AV is updating, I see the memory get sucked out of my computer by 240mb's!!

Then shortly after my internet White Screens and I cannot get to any websites.

What is going on with this product!!!!??????

• du2ecT
    Options

eastonch I dont believe its on our end and if this has happened once to you I am sure it will happen to you again. I have BD Total Security 2010 installed on 2 different machines (1 pc running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and 1 pc running Windows XP Pro 32 bit) and both have the same problem. Ive sent in the error reports with a return e-mail address and havent got a reply yet from BD. This happen to start when I upgraded to Total Security 2010 from Internet Security 2010 and it happens once a day minimum to several times a day always requiring a computer restart to bring services back online. It would be nice to get a reply from someone to let us know if there is a patch in the works for this or Ill just get a refund and move on to a different provider. This is a great product when it works but it doesnt do me any good if my system isnt protected 100% while up and running. Can the forums admin get a hold of tech support and get a answer on why VSSERV.EXE always tends to stop running requiring a complete computer restart to fix this error? My email should be on my forum user profile please contact me that way. Thank you - Brian

• Unknown
    Options

Hello all,

@GregRod087: Please provide me with the BitDefender Build by right click on the system tray icon and select 'About'.

@Brian:

@eastonch:

Be kindly informed that sometimes, after a major update of BitDefender being installed and if the option to 'Wait for reboot, instead of prompting' is checked then you may receive the error mentioned that the services are not responding when the services will try to restart after the update being installed.

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad-Aware, SpyBot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.

• du2ecT
    edited May 2010
    Options

Thank you Daniel for the speedy reply, This was a fresh instal of Windows 7 on this PC and my other PC has Windows XP which had Macafee but I completely uninstalled that when I upgraded to BD Total Security 2010. I can not recall having this issue and if I did it wasnt as often as I am having it now when I was using BD Internet Security 2010. Its a daily occurance with BD TS 2010 although it hasnt happen yet today. For some odd reason VSSERV.EXE stops working saying my computer needs a restart to bring these services back online. I rifled thru the link you posted but all I can find is a knowledge based support articals and that just gives descriptions of how to use the tools of BD. I ran the registry cleaner provided with Total Security on both machines when I installed BD initially so that wasnt the problem as I am having the issue after it was ran. I have posted my e-mail on a few of the error reports to see if tech support would reply to my query but never got an e-mail from them nor did I get a a automatic reply from your system stating that the reports have been sent or recieved. I know that we cant be the only ones having this problem. Is there any type of patch or fix for this underlying problem? Thank you -Brian

• Unknown
    Options

Brian please send me a PM with the email you used to send us the reports so I can further investigate the matter. I am also interested in the following information on the vsserv issue and when the issue reproduce:

- right after you started the PC

- after you recover the PC from a hibernate / sleep / stand-by state

- when you switch from a Windows user to another

- when you use a certain application

- does always resolve upon restarting the PC

- look in the processes list (open Task Manager - press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) for vsserv.exe and also mention the number of Threads

- any other situation when the issue reproduce

Regards,

• du2ecT
    Options
    Brian please send me a PM with the email you used to send us the reports so I can further investigate the matter. I am also interested in the following information on the vsserv issue and when the issue reproduce:

- look in the processes list (open Task Manager - press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) for vsserv.exe and also mention the number of Threads

Regards,

Daniel,

Here are the answers in regards to your questions. There is no real consistant time when the vsserv service stops responding. It happened this morning when I came in after my computer ran all night. I dont use hibernate, sleep, or stand by. My monitors are the only thing that shut down after 5 minutes of inactivity other than that the PC runs 24/7. Its a single user PC so I never switch users and the applications I run dont seem to affect the vsserv service one way or the next. A computer restart always bring the services back online but there is no set time frame on when the vsserv services fail or stop responding. I can tell you this; I have never had it happen to me while sitting here working on the computer as it usually does it while I am away from it mainly over night but not limited to over night. I opened the task manager and saw that when the service is unavailable vsserv.exe is not listed as a running process. When the computer is restarted, it is listed in the processes list with a priority of normal and all 4 processor cores (Only 4 cores because I have HyperThreading turned off) allowed to run vsserv.exe. If you have any other question please feel free to ask as I would love to resolve this problem as soon as possible. Thank you - Brian

• Hello all,

@GregRod087: Please provide me with the BitDefender Build by right click on the system tray icon and select 'About'.

@Brian:

@eastonch:

Be kindly informed that sometimes, after a major update of BitDefender being installed and if the option to 'Wait for reboot, instead of prompting' is checked then you may receive the error mentioned that the services are not responding when the services will try to restart after the update being installed.

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad-Aware, SpyBot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Ok....I will post it this evening....

• KOTULCN
    Options

Regards,

I am also running into this issue every day. I have a new Dell laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate. This is very upsetting after the whole trojan issue. I have sent an email to support and have yet to hear back. How do I fix this?

post-18174-1273899843_thumb.png

• Unknown
    Options

Hi everyone,

@KOTULCN: I have sent you an answer to the ticket ID: 201005151002332 sent by you 7 hours ago. Follow the steps enclosed in the email and send me back as a reply the requested log files. Thanks !

@Brian: Thanks for the PM, got the email. However I could not locate any recent emails received from you. I have created you a new ticket and sent you the instructions on how to generate the logs we need to find the resolution to the issue you are facing. Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hello. My PC was attacked yesterday by the AntiVirus Soft virus and my bitdefender 2010 was up and running. It did nothing in real time to stop the progress of the virus. It shut down my IE and I had to go around through Foxfire and do manual downloads of Malwarebytes and RoadKill and also manually adjust the proxy on IE. Once, I got done with this process, bitdefender started running a scan, and found three results. I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and removed over 30 malwares, trojans and of course all the parts of AV Soft. I sent in a ticket to bitdefender and got their usual response telling me to do about 20 tasks for them and then send them a log. You folks at bitdefender need to understand that we are your customers, its not the other way around. Customers Service and Technical Support are operating at a poor level. There needs to be 24/7 toll free support. It is surprising that free AV & malware programs can out perform the bitdefender 2010!

If these problems continue, I will be seeking a full refund.

Clay

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Clay,

First and foremost allow me to remind you that we do offer 24/7 support on one of our lines: Phone, LiveAssistance chat or by email. To find the information you need regarding the Support methods check the link below:

BitDefender Support page

Please provide me with the ticket ID of the case you have open with my colleagues from the Malware team and I will provide you with a feedback on this matter. Furthermore feel free to share with us any ideas that you may find useful in improving our Customer Care services.

Last but not least please keep in mind that in order to fully understand the issue you are facing and to be able to clean your computer from any possible threats it's mandatory to generate few log files that will help us better understand the situation so it is normal for my colleague to request the logs from you. If you believe that the steps you need to follow are to complicated you can always reply and ask for further guidance. Thank you for understanding!

Regards,

• KOTULCN
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@KOTULCN: I have sent you an answer to the ticket ID: 201005151002332 sent by you 7 hours ago. Follow the steps enclosed in the email and send me back as a reply the requested log files. Thanks !

Regards,

Ok I used the tool and sent the data back to you guys and no one has responded yet!?

• Unknown
    Options

Hi John and sorry for the delay of this reply.

The ticket ID 201005151002332 has been replied to few moments ago. Please check your email and let me know if the issue was resolved.

Best regards,