13.0.21.347 Build

The new build "fixed" a lot of issues, but not all...................

I still have the tray icon turn gray and need to restart.............nightly scan does the same scan twice, at the same time....

I have been to support...got rid of everything that I was told to remove. Uninstalled BitDefender and reinstalled, I think three times, But it continues....I have used TS 2008, 2009 and now 2010 and never had any real problems until now. I switched to a 64 bit computer in July 2009 and have TS2010 on that computer since purchase...Had all the programs that support said to remove, on here, and went from August 2009 to April 2010 with NO PROBLEMS....I am beginning to think that they do not know what is wrong, nor how to fix it. This is my third version of BitDefender and I like it, but if they do not fix it, it will be my last version.

You folks have built a fantastic product !!! Please fix it so that I am not forced to look for another security program.

Comments

• Hello Crlamb,

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware, Spybot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you!

• I appreciate the attempt to help, but since the original post, BitDefender has shut down the last two days. I have contacted support three (3) times, removed all the software they said could conflict, Run BitDefender Registry Cleaner, Uninstalled, Installed....but the problem is still there. Three strikes in baseball...you are done....Three times to support and nothing is fixed. What I do not understand is why I could run TS 2010 from 8/19/2009 till about three weeks ago and have NO problems, but no it shuts down the last two days in a row, but three responces from support, three time followed their direction, and it is still doing the same thing. It almost looks like support has NO idea what is causing the problem. TS 2008, 2009 were 32 bit programs, now I have two computers operating the 32 bit

program and this one is the only 64 bit. Are 32 bit computers not having this program ? If it a 64 bit issue, it apparently would do me no good to go back to TS 2009, but I am seriously considering that move, rather than leaving BitDefender altogether. I just feel that I cannot continue to use a product that apparently leaves my computer defenseless while support cannot see to find the problem.....

Your thoughts apppreciated......

• Hello Crlamb,

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware, Spybot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you!

• New support submission #201005161001358

• I have taken the ownership of the above ticket ID and sent you instructions via email. Please send me back the vsserv trace log for analysis. Thank you!

Regards,